Windows users with Opti Drive Control needed!

qpxtool is a free/libre cross-platform (Windows build available) quality scanner/tester for optical media, that is currently being extended for bluray disc quality scanning.

As the SCSI commands needed to acheive this are proprietary, qpxtool’s programmer has asked if there are any Windows users with Opti Drive Control installed that are up for tracing the SCSI commands used during a scan with TraceSPTI (or a similar tool).

He is after the log of the commands and a screenshot of the Opti Drive Control disc quality test results - traces from Liteon burners will be useful, but other burners will be even more useful as I think only the Liteon code has been implemented so far.

Please post in the qpxtool thread if you are able to help - thanks.

For everyone interested:
I applied some changes to the TraceSPTI source code and made the new version available here.

Unfortunately I have not yet managed to include a nice installer like r-man did with his original package. Also be aware that TraceSPTI only works on 32 Bit Windows and requires administrator rights.

Let me know if something else (except for 64 Bit support) should be added to TraceSPTI. I will then see if I’m able to implement this.

Cheers :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2666150]For everyone interested:
I applied some changes to the TraceSPTI source code and made the new version available here.

Unfortunately I have not yet managed to include a nice installer like r-man did with his original package. Also be aware that TraceSPTI only works on 32 Bit Windows and requires administrator rights.

Let me know if something else (except for 64 Bit support) should be added to TraceSPTI. I will then see if I’m able to implement this.[/QUOTE]

Hi Liggy,

is there any way to take a look inside the source of TraceSPTI ?

I’m not sure if it’s a good idea, to show the source code to Fortuna fans. Gladbach rulez :bigsmile:

Link will come via PM. As far as I remember, the code is derived from this project.