Windows Update silently installs Windows 10 downloader

vbimport

Four desktops and two laptops and only one desktop displays it.
This is a brand new build only several day old.
I have even reinstalled KB3035583 and uninstalled it to no avail.

Dear All
How much data it will consume for windows 10 to download in background, because I had lost around 5 GB in last one week.

I inadvertently installed the GWX updates and I was able to uninstall it but my firewall indicated that telemetry data (I use this term loosely) was still being sent…I followed the exe and found that a task has been installed, running using the Trusted Installer user - I could not change, disable or delete it because I did not have the password to that account. I eventually found the task in the Windows/system32 folder and deleted it from there and then I blocked all the GWX exes I could find, all telemetry exes, all inventory exes and a diagnostic tracker exe…I think I blocked 8 exes in all. And this was after I supposedly uninstalled the GWX offering. and I am not an expert by any means. Do you think I got them all? Very unhappy with this - I have joined the crowd that will not be moving to WinX. :frowning:

So, I too fell victim. I beat the fucker. This is how you do it.
First I found in my installed updates an update simply called :KB3035583

Uninstalled no luck…
Then I rebooted, went back into installed updates… I searched : KB3035583

I found an installed update : something like System upgrade or windows system update… I forgot to really read cuz I didn’t think this would be the end all be all fix… sorry.
But then I noticed kinda hidden in cursive was that same old KB3035583

Uninstalled it, rebooted…

GONE even the GWX folder in system 32 disappeared…

Those sneaky bastards can try…

The Long path tool is the very best program for error, unlock solution.
Try it and solved your problem.
I used the long path tool and I solved my error, unlocks problem solution.

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2756327]Four desktops and two laptops and only one desktop displays it.
This is a brand new build only several day old.
I have even reinstalled KB3035583 and uninstalled it to no avail.[/QUOTE]
@Nemesys use the disableGWX and will work to stop Win10 ads or popups.

[QUOTE=kyle803;2759302]I inadvertently installed the GWX updates. I eventually found the task in the Windows/system32 folder and deleted it from there and then I blocked all the GWX exes I could find, all telemetry exes, all inventory exes and a diagnostic tracker exe…I think I blocked 8 exes in all. And this was after I supposedly uninstalled the GWX offering :([/QUOTE]
@kyle803 those offering is a scam…my disableGWX null it’s function.

[QUOTE=TonySavFramingham;2767246]So, I too fell victim. I beat the fucker. This is how you do it.
First I found in my installed updates an update simply called :KB3035583
Uninstalled no luck…
Then I rebooted, went back into installed updates… I searched : KB3035583
But then I noticed kinda hidden in cursive was that same old KB3035583
Uninstalled it, rebooted…
GONE even the GWX folder in system 32 disappeared…
Those sneaky bastards can try…[/QUOTE]
@TonySavFramingham all you did was allow the next 5583 to install again what you did won’t stop it from putting up ads to advertise Win10.

Some Edits but try my link for disabling GWX and Windows10 Forced updates these two have worked for me on Win7 machines.

Look at Post #9 and use the Regedit to kill Windows10 Malware from interfering what you want to do. So even if 5583 and 2664 install - they can’t mess up your computer.

And I know it works because on one of our work computer that monitors a delivery I installed both Regedits and Windows 10 ads and pops ceased. If your wondering how I got to this point - I had the same problems as all three of you did as well. Alot of researching and trying and find those edits helped me put it together so others don’t have to crash into the wall. And I am a legit Windows 7 O/S user as well - why should we have to deal with this crapware.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2783201]@Nemesys use the disableGWX and will work to stop Win10 ads or popups.

@kyle803 those offering is a scam…my disableGWX null it’s function.

@TonySavFramingham all you did was allow the next 5583 to install again what you did won’t stop it from putting up ads to advertise Win10.

Some Edits but try my link for disabling GWX and Windows10 Forced updates these two have worked for me on Win7 machines.

Look at Post #9 and use the Regedit to kill Windows10 Malware from interfering what you want to do. So even if 5583 and 2664 install - they can’t mess up your computer.

And I know it works because on one of our work computer that monitors a delivery I installed both Regedits and Windows 10 ads and pops ceased. If your wondering how I got to this point - I had the same problems as all three of you did as well. Alot of researching and trying and find those edits helped me put it together so others don’t have to crash into the wall. And I am a legit Windows 7 O/S user as well - why should we have to deal with this crapware.[/QUOTE]
Amend that the link is wrong here is the right link>

Go again to post #9 for the Regedits.