Windows-pre win95

vbimport

hi.

i am looking for any version of windows previous to win95, anybody know where i could get it?

perhaps you could send an email to microsoft :slight_smile:

You requesting an illegal download for Windows 3.11 or lower?
This software is still copyrighthed and cannot be downloaded legally.

You could try to buy a license second hand, but I doubt you will find it in any regular shop…

I have the original disks and licence, but it might be costly to get them to you.

I have a version where some files are dated 1985…hehe
Came along with some crap from my uncle, the floppy looks quite dodgy though…?

Try looking at yard sales, the flea market, types of places like that, computer stores that have old stuff, I actually found a shrinkwrapped copy of DOS and Win3.11 for 15 bucks at a flea market. They never have been opeened and are sitting somewhere at my moms house.

Why would one need a pre-95 windows?

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Why would one need a pre-95 windows?

Maybe for a pre-95 computer? :smiley:

Originally posted by Bilto

Maybe for a pre-95 computer? :smiley:

Better use linux then , faster and free :slight_smile:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve got two old boxes running Linux.

isn’t it so that when you have a legal copy of, let say windows 98 you may have a copy of the series below windows 98??(like w95, w3.11)

Originally posted by snowie
isn’t it so that when you have a legal copy of, let say windows 98 you may have a copy of the series below windows 98??(like w95, w3.11)

no

Originally posted by snowie

That’s a common misconception which spawned from Microsoft’s Volume Licensing, for example, Microsoft Volume Licensing allows downgrade rights under Volume Licensing 6.0. Customers who purchase Windows XP Professional licenses have full downgrade rights to, Windows Professional, Windows NT, Windows 95, and Windows 98.

Volume licensing has traditionally allowed some downgrade rights.

I believe that Windows XP Pro OEM now offers some downgrade rights too. If you need more info, I’m sure you could check the EULA of your copy of Windows, that would answer any questions.