Windows Phone market shares still disappointing – 11% in United States

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows Phone market shares still disappointing – 11% in United States[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/myce-adduplex-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-phone-market-shares-still-disappointing-11-in-united-states-72214

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

obvious…MS jumped too late on the bandwagon,Android and IOS already had a fair amount of the market,while they had to start from scratch…
Also,they don’t have to offer any benefits compared to those 2 others…:disagree:

I don’t think the statistics show that Windows Phone has 11% market share in the USA.

It rather seems that of all the Windows Phones worldwide, 11% of them are in the USA.

I see what you mean DrageMester, I wonder what the percentage of the Windows phone is compared to the Android and Apple world wide?

Insignificant?

I wonder how many are returned when people realize they aren’t android …

the problem is that windows os is not hackable and closed source and not free. its a triple whammy

No OS or Phone will trump the Apple Iphone in the USA, ever. When they come out with the 6S, 6" screen and replaceable battery, they will annihilate every competitor, you can see it in the stock price, as the Equity markets are a forward looking indicator.

I don’t know anyone that has a MS phone, I would have guessed it is less than 1%.

I have a friend that is a Gates-worshiping Windows developer. He has an Android phone because he doesn’t like any of the Windows phones…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2731827]When they come out with the 6S, 6" screen [/QUOTE] Won’t the iPhones eventually become impractical if they grow an inch every generation? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2731835]Won’t the iPhones eventually become impractical if they grow an inch every generation? :p[/QUOTE]
They have not grown at all in the past 4 generations, the fact that they are going to be a bit bigger than the Samsung Galaxys are making them, " The Phablet" intertwining two devices into one.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2731835]Won’t the iPhones eventually become impractical if they grow an inch every generation? :p[/QUOTE]

I suspect they’ll become wearable, like chest protectors that can swivel out to let you see the screen. And you’ll have to have the ear implants to hear anything. Of course, they’ll have to have different models for the ladies…maybe even different, er… shapes.:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Steve33;2731832]I don’t know anyone that has a MS phone, I would have guessed it is less than 1%.[/QUOTE]

I have one and it will be my last Windows phone. MS is trying to compete with Apple on their terms. They should be competing with Android more than Apple.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2731827]No OS or Phone will trump the Apple Iphone in the USA, ever. When they come out with the 6S, 6" screen and replaceable battery, they will annihilate every competitor, you can see it in the stock price, as the Equity markets are a forward looking indicator.[/QUOTE]

I am curious to see how Apple navigates into the future without Jobs. IMO, Apple users are more attracted to the “Jobs culture” than the actual devices. When comparing hardware to hardware Apple products are way overpriced for what they are. If they fail to keep the “cult” mentality going strong then they will be in serious trouble.

[QUOTE=UTR;2731841]I am curious to see how Apple navigates into the future without Jobs. IMO, Apple users more attracted to the “Jobs culture” than the actual devices. When comparing hardware to hardware Apple products are way overpriced for what they are. If they fail to keep the “cult” mentality going strong then they will be in serious trouble.[/QUOTE]
As I said, you can speculate all you want about the consumer, but there are professionals watching trends, they are called " Hedge Funds" . Apple has just this year gone from 490USD a share to splitting 7 for 1 and going to 96.00 on its way to ( 700.00) split adjusted. The equity markets like I said are a forward looking indicator, they are priced for perfection, if you trust Forbes as a newsworthy print, read this
[B]Forbes Lists[/B]

[B] #15 Globally of all companies in all industries[/B]

[ul]
[li][B]#14[/B] in Sales in the World[/li][li][B]#5[/B] in Profit in the World[/li][li][B]#130[/B] in Assets in the World[/li][li][B]#1[/B] in market Value in the World[/li][/ul][B] The #1 Most Valuable Brand Name[/B]
[B]Rated a Strong Buy by every major clearing house in the world.[/B]

[B]Nuff said. LOL[/B]

[B]
//youtu.be/vVU_oACxZIY
[/B]

[QUOTE=alan1476;2731842]

[B]Nuff said. LOL[/B][/QUOTE]

Much of the stock market rise is due to the Fed printing money at a ferocious pace. It won’t last forever and then the reckoning will begin. Apple relies on its customers paying outrageous prices for their products which means they will have cheaper alternatives if Apple drops the ball or the economy takes a serious dive. The last time Apple was without Jobs it wasn’t pretty for them. As with all things, time will tell if they can keep the their customers paying way too much for mediocre hardware. Apple does best when it has a charismatic salesperson out front. Jobs was arguably the best pitch man in the past few decades. He won’t be easily replaced, IMO.

[QUOTE=UTR;2731843]Much of the stock market rise is due to the Fed printing money at a ferocious pace. It won’t last forever and then the reckoning will begin. Apple relies on its customers paying outrageous prices for their products which means they will have cheaper alternatives if Apple drops the ball or the economy takes a serious dive. The last time Apple was without Jobs it wasn’t pretty for them. As with all things, time will tell if they can keep the their customers paying way too much for mediocre hardware. Apple does best when it has a charismatic salesperson out front. Jobs was arguably the best pitch man in the past few decades. He won’t be easily replaced, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Did " Fprd Motors" die when Henry died? Yes the market will correct but that’s not a bad thing, there is mucho cash on the sidelines, people are looking to reallocate, a pullback is just what Apple needs to thrive.

I still see iPhones as vanity wear. No doubt if the iWatch ever gets to market the iFans will be queing up for it as even more vanity wear

[QUOTE=alan1476;2731844]Did " Fprd Motors" die when Henry died? Yes the market will correct but that’s not a bad thing, there is mucho cash on the sidelines, people are looking to reallocate, a pullback is just what Apple needs to thrive.[/QUOTE]

Ford has danced on the edge of bankruptcy more than once. Apple has been on the down side also. IMO, where Apple is on thin ice is that they sell a brand and the substance behind it isn’t all that deep. Many phone makers sell better hardware than them and the Apple software isn’t far superior either. If Apple can’t charge exorbitant prices for their products then I don’t know if they can survive at status quo. If Apple ever loses their “cool” factor then they are done, IMO.

[QUOTE=UTR;2731853]Ford has danced on the edge of bankruptcy more than once. Apple has been on the down side also. IMO, where Apple is on thin ice is that they sell a brand and the substance behind it isn’t all that deep. Many phone makers sell better hardware than them and the Apple software isn’t far superior either. If Apple can’t charge exorbitant prices for their products then I don’t know if they can survive at status quo. If Apple ever loses their “cool” factor then they are done, IMO.[/QUOTE]
Only time will tell, imho, they have never been in a better position, all the other large phone suppliers have shown their hand, Apple still has many cards to play. JMHO.:wink: