Windows OS 64 bit question

I’m thinking about buying Windows Vista 64-bit for my new build. I’m concidering Vista strictly because of the free Windows 7 upgrade and because I need an operating system until Windows 7 becomes available. As a result, I’m trying to decide between 64 bit and 32 bit. I remember back when Vista first came out there were concerns about 64 bit compatibility with hardware and software. So, I’m wondering if those compatibility issues are still something to be concerned about and, as a result, go with 32 bit to be safe? Or, are 64 bit compatibility issues a thing of the past now? Thanks for the advice!

[QUOTE=Hercules1;2301387]I’m thinking about buying Windows Vista 64-bit for my new build. I’m concidering Vista strictly because of the free Windows 7 upgrade and because I need an operating system until Windows 7 becomes available. As a result, I’m trying to decide between 64 bit and 32 bit. I remember back when Vista first came out there were concerns about 64 bit compatibility with hardware and software. So, I’m wondering if those compatibility issues are still something to be concerned about and, as a result, go with 32 bit to be safe? Or, are 64 bit compatibility issues a thing of the past now? Thanks for the advice![/QUOTE]
Right now is the time to try cause you can download the RC version of Windows 64bit for free and use it for almost a year for free. I use Vista 64bit and most of my programs I use have no compatibility issues. that said I dod not know what you use, but you can lose nothing by trying it.:wink:

Alan1476, thanks for the advice. I’m thinking I’m just going to try it. I had the chance last night to begin checking if some of the hardware I’m salvaging from my old computer and moving to the new one will be compatible/has drivers for 64 bit. So far, it looks like there’s no problems. I’m going to look into the software tonight. The more I look into this, the more it appears that going to 64 bit will not be as problematic as I had thought. Thanks!