Windows or DVDFab to make a third generation copy?

vbimport

Although digital copies are supposed be the same quality in a second or third generation, I have a question that I hope some of the wizards in this forum can answer.

I’ve backed up some original DVDs to a copy made by DVDFab. The copies may have lost something when they were compressed from 9 GB to 4.3 GB, but they appear sharp and brilliant on my projection screen.

Now I want to put some of those backup copies on a USB external hard drive.

I can either
1.Use Windows to copy the folder from the backup copy to the hard drive (which takes from 15 to 30 minutes) - or -
2. Use DVDFab to make a new copy on the hard drive from the backup copy (takes about 9 minutes)

The question is this
:

Does using DVDFab to create the external hard drive copy from the backup copy cause any additional loss of quality? It seems to go through it’s compression algorithms, although it takes a much shorter time than the original backup.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2503573]Although digital copies are supposed be the same quality in a second or third generation, I have a question that I hope some of the wizards in this forum can answer.

I’ve backed up some original DVDs to a copy made by DVDFab. The copies may have lost something when they were compressed from 9 GB to 4.3 GB, but they appear sharp and brilliant on my projection screen.

Now I want to put some of those backup copies on a USB external hard drive.

I can either
1.Use Windows to copy the folder from the backup copy to the hard drive (which takes from 15 to 30 minutes) - or -
2. Use DVDFab to make a new copy on the hard drive from the backup copy (takes about 9 minutes)
[I]
The question is this[/I]:

Does using DVDFab to create the external hard drive copy from the backup copy cause any additional loss of quality? It seems to go through it’s compression algorithms, although it takes a much shorter time than the original backup.[/QUOTE]

No there will be no loses and BTW you can also use other programs such as DVD Shrink :wink:

Thanks, StormJumper.

Would there be any advantage in using other software? I have DVDshrink, Imgburn and Nero installed.

The only reason I might not use DVDFab for this task is that it seems to be taking forever to do the analysis scan. It used to take two or three passes of the progress bar, but since the last v.6, it seems to take 10 to 20 passes of the progress bar before it’s ready. Does this sound normal, or do I have a glitch?