Windows mobile 6.0 on xv6800 Picture too skinny!

vbimport

I have the xv6800 and trying to use dVd fab to place an AVI file on my phone. I am successful but the picture is too skinny. I picked 320x240 aspect ratio to start with but it still crops the picture on my phone. I messed around with the different aspect ratios but they all come out cropped when I turn my phone to “landscape” mode. I’d like to enjoy the whole screen. Has anyone experienced this?

BTW, the xv6800 is the same as the Sprint Mogul but you probably knew that! :smiley:

have you tried the new crop features in dvdfab. sorry i am not up-to-date on the mobile settings. but if you wait im sure someone will come around.

[QUOTE=troy512;2022815]have you tried the new crop features in dvdfab. sorry i am not up-to-date on the mobile settings. but if you wait im sure someone will come around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’m using Platinum version 4.0.6.2. Yes, there are different aspect ratios to record in but I didn’t see anything about cropping the picture other than these aspect ratios. ???

When you encode a 16:9 movie (which most are these days), you will end up with a 320 x 180 encode (do the maths) or maybe even less than 180 if the movie is a 1:2.35.

If you change this, people look tall and skinny, etc so I would not recommend it.

This is why you end up with black strips above and below.

Cropping, etc will not help.

PS: Update to the latest Beta.

I understand all the cropping issues. I have a lot of knowledge with home theater set ups, etc. Above and beyond the cropping issues, I still have space above and below my screen when it landscapes. So let me state it this way: The picture is cropped but then it is cropped again when transferred to my phone. So if I could describe the picture it would be this: The actual picture takes up the middle 60% of my screen, the movie cropping takes up 10% above and 10% below, and the phone cropping takes up 10% above and 10% below. I can tell what is movie and phone because the “black” is a different black. I hope some of this makes sense. I think the picture should be bigger!

If that’s the case, update to the new beta which has cropping in it etc and give that a whirl.

Link for download is at the top of the forum index.