Windows media

vbimport

I have put in my childs cd into my computer and windows media reads it as a different cd. What can I do? I’m useless with computers.

Hi and Welcome!

could you please describe the problem more detailled?
What kind of CD is that? Audio, Data, some software? Also describe what happens after inserting the disc into the drive.

Michael

Its a music cd, pop party 7 its called when I insert it,it plays as ultimate pop party totally different songs.Its fine being played on anything else.Hardly important but its driving me nuts!!

[QUOTE=kells4;2491456]Its a music cd, pop party 7 its called[/quote]This one (Amazon link)?

when I insert it,it plays as ultimate pop party totally different songs.
This one here (link)?
Its fine being played on anything else.Hardly important but its driving me nuts!!
You are sure you don’t have another drive where the other disc is played from? :confused:

The only other thing I can think of, this disc might have a data session (with promotional material for the other disc compilation) plus the audio session (which you can “see” with your other players).
Try this. Keep the “shift” key pressed during insertion of the disc. Keep that key pressed until the disc stops spinning in the drive. This will temporarily disable Autorun.
Then start your favourite player software and select the “Play Audio CD” menu item.

Michael