Windows Media Player [disk full] error

Hello.

I have a problem with windows player.
This program can copy music CDs.

But on my computer it does not.
It keeps telling me that my disk is full and that there is no place to put the image of a disk that it is about to write.

I know that I have 40Gigs of free space on my disk, so it is not the issue.

It seems like there is some system folder, where player puts it’s image files into and it never lets me clean it and it never cleans it out itself. I know that this folder’s volume cannot exceed 1 Gig from win media player’s help.

So far I could not find this folder and could not track down and delete old images of my previous disks.

Microsoft official website help is a hole bunch of B.S. since Boss Tweed does not have to worry about describing his product, people sill have to live by his standards.

Can you help me locate this folder, where this information is located.

Thanks.

[quote=cavemen232;2225077]Hello.

I have a problem with windows player.
This program can copy music CDs.

But on my computer it does not.
It keeps telling me that my disk is full and that there is no place to put the image of a disk that it is about to write.

I know that I have 40Gigs of free space on my disk, so it is not the issue.

It seems like there is some system folder, where player puts it’s image files into and it never lets me clean it and it never cleans it out itself. I know that this folder’s volume cannot exceed 1 Gig from win media player’s help.

So far I could not find this folder and could not track down and delete old images of my previous disks.

Microsoft official website help is a hole bunch of B.S. since Boss Tweed does not have to worry about describing his product, people sill have to live by his standards.

Can you help me locate this folder, where this information is located.

Thanks.[/quote]
Are you running Vista ? if so try looking in the "Hidden " folder… C:/Users/Administrator/[B]AppData[/B]/Local/Microsoft/Media Player

IF your HDD is badly fragmented WMP will “choke” because it really needs to find that much space as a single contiguous free space.

AD

Thanks.
I think that i found those evil images on my disk.
(my disk has enough of continuous space on it)

[quote=cavemen232;2225686]thanks.
I think that i found those evil images on my disk.
(my disk has enough of continuous space on it)[/quote]
:d