Windows Media Center

vbimport

Hi, every time windows loads i get a error loading C:\windows\system32\rvyobez…dll error a specified module cannot be found . I tried to Google … and no luck, i can load windows but as the programs load this error comes up i click OK and every thing else works find how do i fix this, thanks.

[QUOTE=raider12;2128823]Hi, every time windows loads i get a error loading C:\windows\system32\rvyobez…dll error a specified module cannot be found . I tried to Google … and no luck, i can load windows but as the programs load this error comes up i click OK and every thing else works find how do i fix this, thanks.[/QUOTE]

If I were you contact the company that you bought the computer from and ask for tech support. Also check for updates from them. From what I know and experienced windows media center is a big flop as HP and Dell doesn’t even support that O/S anymore or sell it-most likely stemming from all the problems endusers had with windows media center. That sounds or looks like some kind of malware. I don’t recognize that name? What did you install or download prior to this happening? Might be good to do a AV scan or malware scan and update your O/S updates and check your firewall. You might have to download the software hijack this from their site and upload your the scanned info to see what other can say about that dll file…

I scanned the system with avg and spybot in safe mode and when windows is loading the startup applications this error comes up C:\windows\system32\rvyobez…dll error and a specific module could not be found . How do i find what application this belongs to because i don’t think its malware or a virus i ran a lot of different scans. I even did a repair and this still comes up.

First off I think it’s malware in my view. Since you can’t find it on google then it not a legit dll file that should be on your system. Can you delete it? Try in regular windows mode not safe mode and see if spybot will detect it and delete it. Since it has way to many periods I find that suspicious… "rvyobez…dll " look between the z and dll no dll files has two periods that I know of. Unless it from another program but since you didn’t say or mentioned any previous install I don’t know was installed to be of much help.

thanks for the reply i did a process of elimination and killed some start up programs and that error did not come up then one by one i started each program until i found the problem one, it was a dll starting up as a app. it said it was a Microsoft app. i deleted it and error does not appear , thanks for trying and maybe someone could use this info. thanks again.