Windows media audio/video playlist

vbimport

I have a Windows Media Audio/video playlist clip in My Documents. I saved the attachment there from an email/attachment. Id like to put it on a disc but it wont do it because of the format. Do i have to convert the format and if so how would i do it and to what format please. I think it could be an MP4 video file.:bigsmile:

What’s the filename extension…? You should be able to save any file to a disc (CD or DVD) but I guess what you’re asking is whether it can be played back on some equipment or other; which will depend on that piece of hardware’s ability to recognise the file.

The name of the file is as in my post title, it has the radio button.:smiley:

Sorry but I don’t know what you mean about “radio button”. The post title is: “Windows media audio/video playlist”. :confused:

If you mean it’s a .mp4 file, then you should be able to burn it as a data file using ImgBurn.

imkidd57

Sorry but I don’t know what you mean about “radio button”. The post title is: “Windows media audio/video playlist”.

If you mean it’s a .mp4 file, then you should be able to burn it as a data file using ImgBurn.

My attachment shows how it is saved in My Documents and it`s what i thought is called a “radio button”. I was trying put it on a dvd using DVD Flick but get the error mesaage (attached dvd flick error.) :slight_smile:

It looks like what you are trying to save is indeed just the playlist; which is not the actual audio/video file but merely a pointer to where it is. The error message from DVD Flick is telling you that it is trying to locate the video file from the pointer, but it cannot find it.

You will have to go back to the email attachment and find out where the video exists - probably somewhere else on the internet - and acquire it separately before converting.

imkidd57

It looks like what you are trying to save is indeed just the playlist; which is not the actual audio/video file but merely a pointer to where it is. The error message from DVD Flick is telling you that it is trying to locate the video file from the pointer, but it cannot find it.

You will have to go back to the email attachment and find out where the video exists - probably somewhere else on the internet - and acquire it separately before converting.
Ive already saved it from an email attachment in my documents.I click on it and it will play in Windows Media Player. I used my pointer to indicate to you what im talking about. The error message from dvd flick says it is a “wvx” file. What i`m trying to do is put it on a dvd disc to play it anywhere. :smiley:

deezalboy ; What you have is a playlist.The proof is it is only 1kb.
It may have pointed to an internet site where the file actually was.It’shard to say.
If you still have the e-mail see if you can locate it.
Here’s a YouTube url for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaES7CKFCd0

Re: Windows media audio/video playlist
deezalboy ; What you have is a playlist.The proof is it is only 1kb.
It may have pointed to an internet site where the file actually was.It’shard to say.
If you still have the e-mail see if you can locate it.
Here’s a YouTube url for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaES7CKFCd0

Thank you. The email has been deleted. It plays on my computer through Windows Media Player. Can [B][SIZE=“2”]that one on You Tube[/SIZE][/B] be saved on my computer and how would i do it and then put it on a DVD??:bigsmile:

There are various add-ons for Firefox which will download the file from YouTube:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1/cat:5

This YouTube Downloader will work for the .flv YouTube videos.It also does some conversion to other formats.Not DVD though.
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
You can use this YouTube Downloader if it is a HD video Youtube Downloader HD .It creates an .avi file.
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
I just copy the video file from IE TIF myself.Paste it into a folder .This works for .flv or the .mp4 HD format.
DVDFlick should convert either to DVD format.
On this YouTube if you select the 480p you get an .mp4 file In the IE TIF. You do need to wait until the video finished to copy the file.

Thank You:D

The YOU Tube Downloader HD worked well on the “petstar-einstein” with video and sound but i tried another of “Lionel Hampton How High The Moon” You Tube with it and i got sound but no video, only a still picture. :bigsmile:

Try the regular one that’s not HD.
Since you use Fire Fox you might rty the add-on imkidd57 posted the link to .
Or just do what I do & copy from IE TIF.

Thanks I`ll have a look. :bigsmile:

I tried “Lionel Hampton How High The Moon” I found on YouTube maybe the same one.
I used Youtube Downloader HD both for normal .flv & .avi .The video results were odd.That may be why the video didn’t work for you.
Youtube Downloader HD .flv = 87.7 Kbps, 320240 (4/3), at 29.970 fps, Sorenson H263
Youtube Downloader HD .avi = 50.7 Kbps, 320
240 (4/3), at 29.917 fps, xvid
IE TIF .flv = 213 Kbps, 640*480 (4/3), at 29.973 fps .
The regular YouTube Downloader didn’t work on this one.

cholla-

I tried “Lionel Hampton How High The Moon” I found on YouTube maybe the same one.
I used Youtube Downloader HD both for normal .flv & .avi .The video results were odd.That may be why the video didn’t work for you.
Youtube Downloader HD .flv = 87.7 Kbps, 320240 (4/3), at 29.970 fps, Sorenson H263
Youtube Downloader HD .avi = 50.7 Kbps, 320
240 (4/3), at 29.917 fps, xvid
IE TIF .flv = 213 Kbps, 640*480 (4/3), at 29.973 fps .
The regular YouTube Downloader didn’t work on this one.

I tried Mp4 and flv and they both recorded the sound (dvd flick) but still no video only stills.I put in a cdr-w and it came up as a dvd to play but only sound and stills. I didn`t know a cdr-w would work in dvd flick. :slight_smile:

That’s how the video is on YouTube it only has stills.Or that is the way the one I looked at was.You can only capture what is there.So nothing is wrong it’s just this specific video.Maybe whoever made it couldn’t get moving video to make it with.

Thanks again.:iagree: