Windows Icon Problem

Hello,
I recently restarted my computer and found that whenever I refreshed my computer (right click refresh), the arrow indicating that an icon was a shortcut disappeared and reappeared after about 10 seconds, the same thing happened to one of my folders that i had assigned a custom icon to, the icon of the folder changed to the default icon of windows folders and after about 10 seconds it canme back. Can someone please help me?! Sorry I’m in the wrong place, I’m still new and sorry if I couldn’t describe the problem exactly the way some people might want it, but any help would be much
appreciated.

What OS are you running ?

Windows XP Service Pack 3.

When was the last time you did a system wide maintenance ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2206582]When was the last time you did a system wide maintenance ?[/QUOTE]What do you mean by a “system wide maintenance”? Do you mean clean up my computer, or repair the registry, or scan for viruses, etc.?

Doing the following
1[B])->[/B] Running the Disk Cleanup utility
2[B])-> [/B]Running a Registry Cleaner and Repair
3[B])->[/B] Running the Disk Defragmenter utility
4[B])->[/B] Also making sure that your hard drive that is running the operating system has at least 15% free space…[B]([/B]I myself stay around 25% for better performance[B])[/B]

:cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2206668]Doing the following
1[B])->[/B] Running the Disk Cleanup utility
2[B])-> [/B]Running a Registry Cleaner and Repair
3[B])->[/B] Running the Disk Defragmenter utility
4[B])->[/B] Also making sure that your hard drive that is running the operating system has at least 15% free space…[B]([/B]I myself stay around 25% for better performance[B])[/B]

:cool:[/QUOTE]Do you know of any good application that clean and repair the registry, because I don’t an untrusted application messing the registry.

There are some freeware out there that others use like Regseeker and many others, I myself use and recommend ASO[B]–> ([/B]Advanced System Optimizer[B])[/B] which as over 30 Utilities to keep your system running at top performance :wink: it’s not free but well worth the money :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2206917]There are some freeware out there that others use like Regseeker and many others, I myself use and recommend ASO[B]–> ([/B]Advanced System Optimizer[B])[/B] which as over 30 Utilities to keep your system running at top performance :wink: it’s not free but well worth the money :cool:[/QUOTE]I have done everything you told me to, but the problem still consists, the funny thing is that I recently installed a mac theme and than uninstalled it after a while because it slowed down my computer, but when i restarted after uninstalling the theme the program was fixed but than I turned off my computer and when I turned it back on, the problem started again, so maybe it has something to do with how my icons are configured?