Windows Genuine Advantage Validation

hello sir i just want to know i have window xp cd .i buy it last years in jan or feb.before its workgood now i redownload or when over i redownload it its give me problem that window did not pass validation .pleas buy online or call to microsoft.i have no idea what should i do

Hi :slight_smile:
If it is a legit copy.
Give them a ring. (This is free in the UK).
Not sure if the same would apply to you.

[QUOTE=asifali418;2420850]hello sir i just want to know i have window xp cd .i buy it last years in jan or feb.before its workgood now i redownload or when over i redownload it its give me problem that window did not pass validation .pleas buy online or call to microsoft.i have no idea what should i do[/QUOTE]

No problemo. Just call the (free) number listed. Tell them you switched hardware. The (probably Indian) call center guy or computer doesn’t care.

If it doesn’t work, genertate a new code and just try from another phone number.

but i d.nt know if i call them what i should tell them.that i need new code or some thng els

[QUOTE=asifali418;2424211]but i d.nt know if i call them what i should tell them.that i need new code or some thng els[/QUOTE]
Tell them the truth. If it did not pass vaidation, there must be a reason, maybe you changed your mobo, just tell them what happened and they will reset your activation code.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2424252]Tell them the truth. If it did not pass vaidation, there must be a reason, maybe you changed your mobo, just tell them what happened and they will reset your activation code.[/QUOTE]

This can also happen if a legit copy had been activated too many times on multiple reinstalls. (I think with retail copies of Windows XP, this happens on the ninth reinstall overall.) In this case, you would have to call Microsoft every time you want to activate that copy of Windows after a reinstall. (I experienced this with my legit retail copy of Windows XP Home Edition, and my phone calls to Microsoft’s Activation Center averaged close to five minutes.) The online activation failed, and the Microsoft activation program generated an alternate product key for me to use for activation by telephone.

I’ve seen this happen even on a brand new Acer laptop I set up for a neighbour. Vista came up claiming it did not pass Microsoft’s Windows Genuine Advantage validation, brought up a website about software piracy and then imprinted a message on the bottom right corner of the desktop saying “This copy of Windows is not genuine”.

I called the support number they provided and they guided me through the activation process using the “By telephone” method and it went fine then. :wink:

So it’s definitely worth giving them a call. I can’t remember off hand which screen I get the phone number, but from what I recall it gives a drop-down list of countries to choose from and will then provide a tollfree number (which is free) and a toll number (charged at normal rates). JUst call the tollfree number.

I had a similar problem in a legit Microsoft Office installation after changing a couple of VisBasic tools I’d added to the Word app. Disabling the notification nag is simply a case of disabling OGAAddin.dll from loading when starting Office applications. The OGAAddin.dll file shows the notification and disabling this in the registry will stop such notifications from appearing. This little registry hack will make Windows think that KB949810 is properly installed and it will not prompt you for further installation - for me, the best way.

1. Go to Start >> Run >> Type regedit in the box and hit Enter
  2. This will open Registry Editor window, press Ctrl+F to open the “search” box
  3. Type OGAAddin.connect in the search box to find the right registry key as there’s an instance
    for each Office program
  4. Once found, Right click on “Load behaviour” and select Modify option
  5. Edit and change the value from 3 to 0
  6. Repeat this process for each and every instances of OGAAddin.connect key
  7. Close Regedit and the nags will be gone for ever :wink:

[QUOTE=TheDonSansone;2475859]and the nags will be gone for ever ;-)[/QUOTE] Unfortunately you need to do this for each and every user and it still might come back. Better is to remove the dlls alltogether.