This error seems to indicate that one of your device drivers is corrupt or not installed properly.
Go into the device manager as follows:
This Microsoft article
- Click start, right-click on "My Computer" (or "Computer" in Vista/7) and select "Properties"
- If you're running Windows XP, go into the Hardware Tab.
- Click on "Device Manager"
- Look for any device with an exclamation mark.
- If you were able to play DVDs before: Right-click the problem device and select "Properties". Go into the "Driver" and click "Roll Back Driver" and confirm.
- If you have never been able to play DVDs or you already tried the above step, right-click the problem device and select "Uninstall" and confirm. Then go into the "Action" menu and select "Scan for hardware changes".
goes into a bit more detail (scroll down to "Code 19".)