Windows doesnt let me view the contents of the cd

vbimport

hi all,

my cd recorder stopped working so i replaced it with a normal LG 52X CD ROM DRive. Its working but windows doesnt let me view the contents of the cd. i can only double click it so that the autoplay launches. I can see the contents in the command prompt… please help

specs
p4 1.7 ghz
256mb
lg 52x cd rom
win xp proffesional

what kind of cd is it? Recordable, Rewritable, DVD, standard cd etc…

Originally posted by theunbeatable
what kind of cd is it? Recordable, Rewritable, DVD, standard cd etc…

NORMAL 52X IDE CD ROM DRIVE

Uh…

Have you tried right clicking on it and selecting “open” or “explore” ??

Originally posted by rocky
[B]Uh…

Have you tried right clicking on it and selecting “open” or “explore” ?? [/B]

yea it doesnt open then

@Royboy86:
If you can see the contents within the command prompt (cmd), your cd-access driver should be ok. Besides that autorun works, too.
You say the explorer won’t open it. Does this mean, that it crashes or does it hang?
Already tried to disable ‘autostart’ (this causes more problems than it is of use)?

You could get access also via Isobuster, but the command prompt (whichs is mostly faster than a GUI, anyway) is probably the easier solution.

the problem was weird but i removed the cd from the device manager, and when i restarted the computer i could access the CD. strange…

another problem is that my CD RW LG 8X4X32X was spoilt. It coudnt burn CD’s and it coudnt read audio CD’s and Original Disc’s like Windows XP but it could read burnt disc’s like mp3’s, files etc. what the hell is wrong with it…