Windows development chief: 'I would buy a Mac if I didn't work for Microsoft'

Longtime Windows development chief James Allchin wrote in a January 2004 e-mail to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and company co-founder Bill Gates that the software vendor had “lost sight” of customers’ needs and said he would buy a Mac if he wasn’t working for Microsoft.

“In my view, we lost our way,” Allchin, the co-president of Microsoft’s platform and services division, wrote in an e-mail dated Jan. 7, 2004. The e-mail was presented as evidence late last week in the Iowa antitrust trial, Comes v. Microsoft Corp.

Story: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9005873&intsrc=hm_list

:cool: :cool:

Wow. Interesting.

I mean, I’m on my second OS X Mac (gave the eMac to a family member) and really, really like it, but Windows has ALL the tools.

If Apple would make OS X available for all hardware platforms so it could be installed regardless of the system, I wonder how many more people would use and develop for OS X.

But then apple wouldn’t get the cash for the hardware sales :wink:
And uber nerds would point out that apple have just patched linux with a funky interface :wink:

Not Linux - Unix.

iPod didn’t really go nuts until they made it work with Windows.