Windows Defragmenter

vbimport

For all you Windows users out there, whether it be XP or Vista, do you guys use it’s Defragmenter or use another program, like Diskeeper, System Mechanic, or somethin’ else? I remember years ago, this computer dude told me Windows Defrag program sucked, but I forget what he suggested to use. What do you guys use/suggest? All opinions and ideas are welcome. Thanks fellow freaks.

Hi :slight_smile:
You could try [B][U]iobitsmartdefrag:[/U][/B] Which is free. :clap::bigsmile:
Personally I now use PerfectDisk2008. Which is not free. :rolleyes:

I use O&O Defrag. It’s not free but it does a good job from what I can tell.

PerfectDisk on my older build. O&O on my new build.

I like them both.

[QUOTE=Bob;2020074]PerfectDisk on my older build. O&O on my new build.

I like them both.[/QUOTE]

You can’t be using 0&0 with Vista surely?
PerfectDisk2008 is the one for Vista user’s.
0&0 for XP & earlier…Maybe! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2020081]Hi :slight_smile:
You can’t be using 0&0 with Vista surely?
PerfectDisk2008 is the one for Vista user’s.
0&0 for XP & earlier…Maybe! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]zebad you know i’m an XP Pro user :slight_smile:

Nice title by the way.

XP Pro or nothin’! I recently got a new laptop and downgraded from Vista, heh. Thanks for your quick responses everybody, mucho appreciated. I think I’m gonna purchase that O&O Defrag Pro, from what I’ve read so far, alot of ppl seem to like and suggest it like you guys. Thanks again!

Used O&O for over 2 years now, it’s damn good. Suggest your OS drive defrag first with Stealth & then complete name, it will be slow the first time. For storage drives, Stealth should do just fine. This of course would be after Analyzing Volumes.

Windows defrag is a stripped down version of Diskeeper, identical. I use Diskeeper and really like it. It runs on schedules and is completely invisible.

beef barley, I like ur location description, Region 1, LOL, nice.

Well it originally was done to make it easier for people trying to help me, by knowing what Region the Dvd was purchased. But hey! if it brought a smile to your face, that’s good as well. BTW I see what you mean now, I had never looked at it that way. :smiley: :smiley:

another supporter of O&O defrag here.

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/products/oodefrag/

i dont like that O&O wont run unless you have the O&O Defrag service set as automatic. i dont want it running unless i call for it. so to fix this i made a small file to start the service and open O&O defrag.

with notepad copy past this and save the file as start.bat

@ECHO OFF
dfrgsvc.exe
oodcnt.exe
@echo Done

make a new shortcut pointing to start.bat

go to start, run, services.msc, find O&O Defrag and set it to Manual, restart computer.

now O&O service and O&O defrag will only run after you open start.bat, and O&O defrag will open and run like it should.

@beef barley
Regardless, only a true CDFreak would put that as their location, props, LOL.:slight_smile:

UltimateDefrag
You’ll see the biiiiig difference.

OK so 0&0 says it is Vista ready.
With Vista 64 bit this just ain’t so.
Vista locks certain files, which 0&0 leaves.
This results in an area that isn’t defragged.
This area grows slowly but surely, with continued defragging.

UltimateDefrag, is very good & I did consider this before going for PerfectDisk2008.
Cost being possibly the factor. (Plus I preferred the interface).
Edit: the ease of defragging USB/Flash drive ect, was also something I liked.
However you can get 25% off currently with a free upgrade to [B][U]UltimateDefrag2008:[/U][/B] *.
This new version is supposedly due very soon.
They have emailed current owners/interested parties.

*What If I Recently Purchased UltimateDefrag?
At the time we release UltimateDefrag 2008, all people who purchased the product in the last 90 days will be entitled to a FREE upgrade to UltimateDefrag 2008.

As there is a screenshot of 0&0, Ithought I’d throw in my PD2008.

[QUOTE=zebadee;2020271]Hi :slight_smile:
As there is a screenshot of 0&0, Ithought I’d throw in my PD2008.
[/QUOTE]

Nice software. How much does it cost?

[QUOTE=THE C.;2020273]Nice software. How much does it cost?[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Check it out here:[/U][/B]
They often have online offers. The last was " coupon code" GET2008NOW , but this maybe out of date. Couild be worth trying as it was 20% discount.
Even without, still cheaper than 0&0. :wink:

90% placebo effect :stuck_out_tongue:

Every time I see these threads about defragging, antivirus, regcleaners, crap cleaners,… I smile. Almost forgot they existed. And isn’t it sad you still need all this stuff in Vista… it’s like time stood still for the last 10 years. :slight_smile: