Windows Cannot Read From This Disk (Sony AW-Q170A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony AW-Q170A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Whenever I enter a DVD and access it through My Computer it shows me that the disk is Empty, but the disk when accessed through Run command says,

“Windows Cannot Read From This Disk. The Disk Might Be Corrupted, or it could be using a format incompatible with Windows.” :rolleyes:

Here’s the wacky part, it Burns CDs and DVDs but reads all CDs and reads very few DVDs… Like I use standard 4.7GB DVDs and the ones with .vob files and data disks work but every other DVD doesn’t work… I’ve used these Discs for quite some time now, but the problem seems to have shown up recently… I re-installed Windows but with no use…

some assistance please??!! What can I do??

Are unreadable discs on -R media? If so, problem may be the one detailed at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/nec-optiarc-dvd-r-reading-problems-209168/.

yep… solved… :slight_smile:

hello ashwin… even i had da same Problem for da past 6 months but couldn’t fix it…
My Computer shows that the disk is Empty, but the disk when accessed through Run command says,

“Windows Cannot Read From This Disk. The Disk Might Be Corrupted, or it could be using a format incompatible with Windows.”

but reads all CDs and reads very few DVDs… I re-installed Windows but with no use…

Plz tel me how to solve this prob :sad::sad: