Windows Azure Cloud storage service down temporarily

vbimport

I just posted the article Windows Azure Cloud storage service down temporarily.

[quote][/quote]

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-azure-cloud-storage-service-down-temporarily-66269/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-azure-cloud-storage-service-down-temporarily-66269/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Cloud storage.
For people that are too stupid to own a computer.

Because of an expired certificate? OMGBIGFAIL.

I don’t trust any ones Cloud storage I keep all my Important things backed up on my own Home server.

M$ LOL…:rolleyes:

X, now c’mon - how can they take all of your money if they don’t have control of your files?!! Don’t you realize that, being free of their subscriber fees, you’re hurting their widdle feewings? Don’t you feel sorry now?!! Give it up! Be assimilated!

[QUOTE=xorsists;2678427]I don’t trust any ones Cloud storage I keep all my Important things backed up on my own Home server.

M$ LOL…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
And that’s the smart move. I have accounts on Box, Dropbox, and MediaFire, but I make sure that I keep local copies of anything I store there. Trusting the cloud with your important files without keeping backups is asinine, as this story, other stories of cloud outages, and the MegaUpload fiasco makes perfectly clear to anyone who actually uses their brain for something other than a means to keep their skull from imploding.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2678443]X, now c’mon - how can they take all of your money if they don’t have control of your files?!! Don’t you realize that, being free of their subscriber fees, you’re hurting their widdle feewings? Don’t you feel sorry now?!! Give it up! Be assimilated![/QUOTE]No assimilation for me they can all kiss my backsides.:bigsmile::flower:

I’m not that sure that I could bring myself to trust cloud storage or more to the point the people that control it. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

goes to show u not to put all yours eggs in the cloud basket and who knows that someone else isn’t looking at them.

[QUOTE=debro;2678414]Cloud storage.
For people that are too stupid to own a computer.[/QUOTE]
LMAO!!

[QUOTE=Wombler;2678499]I’m not that sure that I could bring myself to trust cloud storage or more to the point the people that control it. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]Spoken like a very Wise Person.:iagree:

One day, some new security flaw will appear, a cloud storage service will be hacked, and people’s lives will be messed up. After all, simple logic, like not putting sensitive material on the web doesn’t occur to people (Facebook has proven this many times).

And, these same people will blame Microsoft, Apple, or whoever runs the service for there own inability to store there files themselves.

And, as Wombler pointed out, we can’t forget the shenanigans pulled by the operators of such services.

You can assimilate my big, fat…
:flower:

We’ve seen on-line storage space available for more than a decade - so many of those failed due to operating costs, or lack of subscribers, or whatever. Microsoft and Google might have the capital to press forward and promise the moon for pennies or less, but “trust” is only earned over time - years and years.

When Microsoft, Google, etc yanks out all of their employees’ HDDs and installs only enough local memory for the OS, THEN I’ll be certain of their cloud services.

Until then, I continue to marvel at how their marketing for the latest wave of hardware is portrayed - people dancing around tables.

But Zero work being done.