Windows and Linux see market share drop in favour of Mac OS X

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows and Linux see market share drop in favour of Mac OS X[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/05/myce-windows-linux-mac-may-2016-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

The worldwide marketshare of Windows on the desktop has dropped below 90% for the first time in a long time, according to research company Net Applications. For 6 months in a row Microsoft’s operating systems saw a decline in market share.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-linux-see-market-share-drop-favour-mac-os-x-79329/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-linux-see-market-share-drop-favour-mac-os-x-79329/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

More wishful stories from marketshare of which I believe them as much as one tosses the bathtub and kitchen sink out the Windows Pun.

Here more interesting Windows 7 drop a bit under 50% and they declare this a game changer. What a bunch of BS.

The drop in market share of Windows is mainly due to lower numbers of computers running Windows 7 and Windows XP. The latter reported a market share of less than 10% for the first time in years but still powers 9.7% of all computers. Windows 7 saw its market share go below the 50% for the first time in years, last month there were 3.1% less computers powered by the OS bringing the total to 48.8%. Windows 10 saw an increase of only 0.2% last month.
Windows 10 has to over take Window 7 50% margin and it’s already declared that Max OSx is the O/S to use. Another bunch of BS from MarketShare. Whom is paying these jokers to make themselves look even worse then before? I think there is a lot of behind the doors bookkeeping to make the numbers look they way they want it.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2773739]More wishful stories from marketshare of which I believe them as much as one tosses the bathtub and kitchen sink out the Windows Pun.

Here more interesting Windows 7 drop a bit under 50% and they declare this a game changer. What a bunch of BS.

Windows 10 has to over take Window 7 50% margin and it’s already declared that Max OSx is the O/S to use. Another bunch of BS from MarketShare. Whom is paying these jokers to make themselves look even worse then before? I think there is a lot of behind the doors bookkeeping to make the numbers look they way they want it.[/QUOTE]

Ooooooh yes, one peak means soooooo much. 'nuff said.

No worries about MAD though, it is above the radar as the article states and so they are in for a dip when the badguys really turn their eye that way…and if Æpple continues to fix single instances instead of addressing the real trouble, I think I can already predict they will have a severe situation on hand sooner than later.
Personally I am very interested in seeing how the now more or less defunct holy church of Æpple will react to it :bigsmile:

Now Morcifost got themselves to thank for their own dip here as they suck elkballs when it comes to even basic understanding of their customers :Z

A MAC is the last way over priced PC that I’d buy…

I like PC’s.  I like having a device that is reasonably prices and that I can remove/upgrade components at will.  I’m also fairly attune to the fact that most other people aren’t.  It doesn’t surprise me that Apple keeps gaining in popularity.  The masses want the trendy device that they can understand.  Apple’s pretty good at that. Even if they are overpriced.

[QUOTE=Zod;2773759]I like PC’s. I like having a device that is reasonably prices and that I can remove/upgrade components at will. I’m also fairly attune to the fact that most other people aren’t. It doesn’t surprise me that Apple keeps gaining in popularity. The masses want the trendy device that they can understand. Apple’s pretty good at that. Even if they are overpriced.[/QUOTE]
True but the true test is software support paid and free Windows win by hand and feet over mac and Software prices also makes a difference what people by. And then in the 80’s Windows was the player and that is what set the standard now if mac did that in the 80’s that be different but history tells us otherwise. Windows is the standard everyone plays by. Also MS Office come to Windows that everyone tries to beat but never can was-that also solidify Windows as the Main player here.

One thing that’s hard to do is accurately gauge the popularity of GNU/Linux operating systems. After all, users of these operating systems are usually wearing tin hats (so to speak), they’re likely disguising themselves as Windows users with user agent spoofers, and blocking tracking companies with ad blockers and the like. Of course, not all users are doing this, but many are. For that reason, I suspect the number of users is probably higher than stats like these say.