Windows 9 Beta expected by May this year

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 9 Beta expected by May this year[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/01/myce-microsoft-logo.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-9-beta-expected-by-may-this-year-70504

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Lol. Just what I’ve always wanted … To run light weight apps on my heavy duty Windows pc :wink:

Ironically, that’s exactly what I’ve always wanted. Although I do have a reasonably-fast system, I do generally hope my apps will not require too much processing, esp. on my laptops. Even if I had the fastest supercomputer in the world, an MP3 playback program that requires 5 gigs of HDD space, 1 gig of RAM, and a quad-core CPU just wouldn’t cut it with me (not that I really use MP3 these days, but you get my point).

…and that’s one of the biggest reasons why I don’t use Nero.

Oopoh burn, nero …

I’ve never found an mp3 player to be more than a few MB, but then again back when the original pentiums were being recalled/replaced because 2+2=3.999999999999, a few megabytes was a sizeable chunk of a hdd, and playing mp3 took up a sizeable chunk of cpu time :wink:

My, how far we’ve come …

Wow…it will support android apps on windows 9…anyone heard of bluestacks. As long as Microsoft keeps force feeding gimmicks down consumers throats like: the Metro screen…no Aero support…no desktop gadgets… another flop is headed our way. Since Microsoft clearly listens to their ego more then the consumers. Windows 7 will be the only operating system of choice. R.I.P. newer versions of Windows for me.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2719415]Wow…it will support android apps on windows 9…anyone heard of bluestacks. As long as Microsoft keeps force feeding gimmicks down consumers throats like: the Metro screen…no Aero support…no desktop gadgets… another flop is headed our way. Since Microsoft clearly listens to their ego more then the consumers. Windows 7 will be the only operating system of choice. R.I.P. newer versions of Windows for me.[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t agree faster…glad I have mine both flavors of W7x64 and W7x86 Sp1 Ult to keep and only til you take it out of my dead cold hand will you get it…

Windows 8 sales are hurting so I have to imagine Windows 9 will be a step back, where they’ll make the OS more customizable. IE if you’re on a desktop pc with mouse/keyboard you will be able to disable metro completely.

Microsoft has already started to backpedal on choices they made with windows 8, so I have to think Windows 9 will be PC friendly out of the gate (As they have alread realized they dropped the ball).

Hmm. Sounds like Windows 8 or 8.1 will become like Windows Vista. A big mistake operating system.

I do hope win9 will be like win7, but updated and the option to customize is the way you like it. Then it will be ok and people will upgrade to it.

This must be the only reason they are talking about win9, they realized it is better to just dump win8 and move on.

[QUOTE=Dennis_Olof;2719463]Hmm. Sounds like Windows 8 or 8.1 will become like Windows Vista. A big mistake operating system.[/QUOTE]

@ our workplace,70% of the computers run Vista with SP2,the other 30% still runs XP SP3…but the Vista computers give far less problems than the XP computers…

Originally posted by Zod
"Windows 8 sales are hurting so I have to imagine Windows 9 will be a step back, where they’ll make the OS more customizable. IE if you’re on a desktop pc with mouse/keyboard you will be able to disable metro completely."

Given the corporate mentality (or lack thereof) of Microsoft, I wouldn’t be surprised if Win 9 gives you the choice Metro, Metro or Metro.

[QUOTE=Dennis_Olof;2719463]Hmm. Sounds like Windows 8 or 8.1 will become like Windows Vista. A big mistake operating system.[/QUOTE]

Let’s not overly tar Vista by comparing it to W8. W8 stands alone, IMO, as far as consumer spurned OSs go. :slight_smile:

As I’ve previously stated hardware actually designed to run Vista runs it very well

The problem was all the people running Vista on hardware that was marginal for XP or Windows2000.

Windows8 is a tablet/smartphone OS that M$ wanted everyone to run on full size notebooks and Desktops.

And everyone except a very few said “Screw that”

There were some very nice things about Vista, its own security settings were much more “adjustable” than those of windows7
And Vista retained SOME compatibility with applications designed for XP.
This last feature was lost with Windows7

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]As I’ve previously stated hardware actually designed to run Vista runs it very well[/QUOTE]

Which O/S are you referring to?? Hopefully not W8 that wanted all brand spanking new hardware of which some didn’t work :Z

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]The problem was all the people running Vista on hardware that was marginal for XP or Windows2000.[/QUOTE]

What would you expect when people are on budget to start out with and had little to go one what was good and how to compare?

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]Windows8 is a tablet/smartphone OS that M$ wanted everyone to run on full size notebooks and Desktops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the world what they wanted users to have not what users wanted to have…

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]And everyone except a very few said “Screw that”[/QUOTE]

You mean the testers and IT and preview user that gave M$ the news bad news the Metro stunk and they told those reviewers take a hike you dead beat???

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]There were some very nice things about Vista, its own security settings were much more “adjustable” than those of windows7[/QUOTE]

Really like the dreaded UAC that was much more better then W7? Really???

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2719802]And Vista retained SOME compatibility with applications designed for XP.
This last feature was lost with Windows7[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately moving to a new O/S and different programming that was guarantee older “LEGACY” software wouldn’t work. That the nature of programming to get the best returns that work you had to remove something that couldn’t move forward.

Do NOT get me started about UAC constantly forcing extra mouse clicks to open every application, UAC was irritating, no doubt about that…

what I was saying was this:
Look closely at the settings for UAC in Vista and compare it to
the version of UAC included in Windows 7

In Vista you could turn off the UAC warnings without the security
being turned off.

Even the notification area warning that UAC was turned off could
be permanently “Hidden”.

In windows7 when you turn off UAC you turn security off entirely,
there is no middle ground.

I regarded that difference as being M$'s way of saying that if I didn’t like it the way THEY wanted it that I should perform an act of self-impregnation.

So Windows8 was in no way a surprise to me, it was an amplification on what Microsoft had already been trending to…

But enough other things worked better in W7 that I tolerate it.
The fact that many of my favorite programs run in W7, but are
no longer supported by Vista (or XP)

Widows8? No. Just NO!

Windows9? I’ll wait and see…

But I was not one of the many stupid people who installed Windows8 Beta overwriting their Win7 installations… I have spare hard drives.

I’ll play with anything in it’s own “Electronic Petri Dish”…

Someone asked me the other day why I had a stack of HDD’s wrapped in anti-static bags banded with Stainless steel wire and the wire "sealed"
with Bio-Hazard labels… “THAT is my Virus collection, and that drawer is supposed to be LOCKED”

My annoyance with Windows8 can be dealt with by formatting the drive it’s on.