Windows 8 RTM version leaked - guess where you can get it

vbimport

Windows 8 RTM version leaked - guess where you can get it.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/08/30MqWC.jpg[/newsimage]Windows 8 RTM has been leaked, where to get it? Read more...

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-rtm-version-leaked-guess-where-you-can-get-it-62873/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-rtm-version-leaked-guess-where-you-can-get-it-62873/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I need to clear out all my MSDN needs in the next few days so I can avoid the ©rush in traffic.

I am still rather surprised by the whole “monopoly” charges. I don’t like that Internet Explorer has so many useless hooks (non-browser) into the OS, but I’ve always thought “Windows was Linux’s best salesman” so I never agreed with any of the monopoly findings. Now the whole “OS can’t include Media Player” when every hand-held device is proprietarily installing media players - yet EU never claims THOSE are monopolies?!! Suddenly, the EU says, “But you can buy something different” - THAT argument is NOW salient, while that same claim was used by MS? I don’t get it.

And forcing the segregated Office Division away from OS Division - good or bad, frankly, I’d never seen MS deliver on the oft-promised “smooth connections” between Office and the OS anyway. Seperate them further by decree? Heck, it looked like they didn’t talk to each other anyway!

But now it appears all media players can become paid-for applets, so maybe the world’s economies will finally be saved, once and for all, by OS and Media Player revenues! Whoopeee! Who needs the armaments industry when 10-cent MP3 license fees can save all the banks!!

Obviously, the ages-old question remains true: “Who’s making the money?” The only real question to ask.

That was fast

So, it’s out there now. I don’t expect anyone to actually want to go and download it…

I’m not interested in getting a copy. Windows 7 rules.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2647195]I’m not interested in getting a copy. Windows 7 rules.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were still using Windows XP.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2647219]I thought you were still using Windows XP.[/QUOTE]

If his like me he as more then one rig. :wink:

Oh whoopee 8 is on the net! I wouldn’t worry about publishing a link, who would want to bother anyway. I’ve tried it and really don’t like it. Strange really, as I usually like new things. Also strange? (is it) I hated Vista as well.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2647219]I thought you were still using Windows XP.[/QUOTE]

I was until my PC became slower than Heinz ketchup. Decided that Win 7 Ultimate with SP2 was good enough to upgrade to. Win 7 is also more Blu-ray friendly. Win XP Pro with SP2 was the best Windows OS since Win 98 SE.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2647224]If his like me he has more than one rig. ;)[/QUOTE]

Three rigs. A netbook, a gaming/work PC, and an HTPC. All run Win 7 Ultimate SP2. I’m looking at building a new rig in a couple of months with the following components:

i7-3770K, Z77 mobo, HD 7850, 32 GB RAM, 150 GB VelociRaptor, Win 7 Ultimate x64.
Yeah, I know… get an SSD. Just not interested right now.

Yo Nuke sounds good on the new build. :cool:

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2647460]I was until my PC became slower than Heinz ketchup. Decided that Win 7 Ultimate with SP2 was good enough to upgrade to. Win 7 is also more Blu-ray friendly. Win XP Pro with SP2 was the best Windows OS since Win 98 SE.

Three rigs. A netbook, a gaming/work PC, and an HTPC. All run Win 7 Ultimate SP2. I’m looking at building a new rig in a couple of months with the following components:

i7-3770K, Z77 mobo, HD 7850, 32 GB RAM, 150 GB VelociRaptor, Win 7 Ultimate x64.
Yeah, I know… get an SSD. Just not interested right now.[/QUOTE]

That’s amazing. 32GB RAM and 150GB HDD?

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2647471]That’s amazing. 32GB RAM and 150GB HDD?[/QUOTE]

150 GB is small compared to my 1TB HDD-> 931 GB after system taking 69 GB

Now the 32GB RAM is impressive

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2647472]150 GB is small compared to my 1TB HDD-> 931 GB after system taking 69 GB

Now the 32GB RAM is impressive[/QUOTE]

Well, the 150GB VelociRaptor was a gift from a friend a couple of weekends ago. New in the foil. I’d still keep my 1.5TB internal HDD for storage. The VelociRaptor will be the OS drive. It’s fast, that’s all I care about.

Yeah, you can get 32GB DDR3 for under $200.

Some people used Gigabyte i-RAM with 4GB DDR (1st-generation) RAM as Windows XP booting drive. 32GB is enough for a Windows 7 partition.

http://www.oc.com.tw/article/0509/readgoodarticle.asp?id=4467

Some of these guys are probably still using i-RAM.