Windows 8 has a market share of a dissapointing 2.26 percent

vbimport

Windows 8 has a market share of a dissapointing 2.26 percent.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/12/yS4He.jpg[/newsimage]Windows 8 reached a market share of 2.26%  after it was officially launched three months ago.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-has-a-market-share-of-a-dissapointing-2-26-percent-65955/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-has-a-market-share-of-a-dissapointing-2-26-percent-65955/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Windows 8 is a bust for most. Just stating a fact. Microsoft put two OSes into one big mess. I think if Microsoft had just separated them, one for tablets (touch) and one for PCs, then the feedback and acceptance would have been more dramatic. I’m sticking with Windows 7 Ultimate for the next few years. Sorry, Microsoft… no soup for you.

I agree. Microsoft could of left metro optional in the OS (they had it as optional on previous test versions). Then Metro could of been used on touchscreen/portable devices and the desktop on keyboard/mouse devices.

I think they misfired. The alienated their bread and butter to take a shot a sector (portable devices) that they hadn’t shown strong in.

A winning company would of catered to both so that everyone was happy.

Heck, a lot of this mess could have been avoided if they would have included a Start Menu and reversion to Windows 7 desktop option in Windows 8.

I’ve got WinXP on Desktop PC and Win7 On my new Laptop but I use my PC more then my laptop which has Win7 don’t get me wrong Win7 is ok but I still love WinXP and don’t think I’ll make the move on my desktop to Win7 just yet as for Win8 I’m not thrilled I tested and it sucks.

[QUOTE=DrDuty411;2675617]I’ve got WinXP on Desktop PC and Win7 On my new Laptop but I use my PC more then my laptop which has Win7 don’t get me wrong Win7 is ok but I still love WinXP and don’t think I’ll make the move on my desktop to Win7 just yet as for Win8 I’m not thrilled I tested and it sucks.[/QUOTE]

I can tell ya the hackers love you for your decision as well. Whether or not you go W7 is no concern to us but you should consider your browser and internet security as the reason to use a more secure O/S that still has support for it. W7 main good point is to be able to separate Admin from Users unlike XP in which all users are Admin and cause XP Admin problem you can gurantee that will make your XP wide open to security problems. As in W7 admin can be pswd separate and anything a user account causes is on their own account and can be wiped out preventing problem migrating to the Admin account. That the biggest benefit user accounts go bad wipe it out and Admin is safe for XP admin and user account is tied same privileges one has problem so does the other one. That the biggest security flaw in XP and trust me hackers most likely will target those using XP just for this security flaw. You might say they will never get me and then I will say how do you know that-they set so many traps and you will never see them since they compromised XP security on you system already.

[QUOTE=Zod;2675607]I agree. Microsoft could of left metro optional in the OS (they had it as optional on previous test versions). Then Metro could of been used on touchscreen/portable devices and the desktop on keyboard/mouse devices.

I think they misfired. The alienated their bread and butter to take a shot a sector (portable devices) that they hadn’t shown strong in.

A winning company would of catered to both so that everyone was happy.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I call this “FOOT IN MOUTH” disease…where profit was taken ahead of real fixes and a O/S that would work for Tablet and Desktop/Laptop. It’s all about GREED and making the most money you can for your share holders without any concerns about the consumers.

I think it is more about a company that is so arrogant that it thinks it can dictate what a customer should accept in an OS and not the reverse. Windows 8 was an exercise in MS thinking it can manipulate its user base to increase market share in the phone/tablet arena. It should have been an exercise in providing its users with what they wanted and/or needed.

[QUOTE=UTR;2675633]I think it is more about a company that is so arrogant that it thinks it can dictate what a customer should accept in an OS and not the reverse. Windows 8 was an exercise in MS thinking it can manipulate its user base to increase market share in the phone/tablet arena. It should have been an exercise in providing its users with what they wanted and/or needed.[/QUOTE]

Then how do you explain the huge success of iOS devices? (iMac, iPod, iPhone, Ipad, iDiot…etc…)?

Windows 8 is a much better OS than W7. There seems to be a lot of griping about the Start Screen; I do not particularly understand why. For me it is so much more efficient than using the Start menu. W8 is far more resource friendly and multi tasking friendly than its predecessor.

I’ve a friend who bought a new PC recently and hence ought to use Win7 instead of his beloved XP (problems with hardware support I guess).
He set up Win7 then, made it look more like XP; ended complaining about “Start menu being too small”.

At first I thought about cracking a joke about moving to Win8 but reminded myself that he has also been whining about 8’s Start Screen being too big.

So what do people want?

Then how do you explain the huge success of iOS devices? (iMac, iPod, iPhone, Ipad, iDiot…etc…)?

Yea, I’m interested too, why?

[QUOTE=DrDuty411;2675617]I’ve got WinXP on Desktop PC and Win7 On my new Laptop but I use my PC more then my laptop which has Win7 don’t get me wrong Win7 is ok but I still love WinXP and don’t think I’ll make the move on my desktop to Win7 just yet as for Win8 I’m not thrilled I tested and it sucks.[/QUOTE]

It’s called punctuation. You should give it a try sometime. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2675648]Then how do you explain the huge success of iOS devices? (iMac, iPod, iPhone, Ipad, iDiot…etc…)?[/QUOTE]

Apple anticipates, and gives, what their customers want. They are masters at marketing and explaining why they do certain things.

MS thinks of what it wants and then tries to use lies and deciet to get people to live with it. MS wanted to force feed a horrible UI for a desktop computer in an effort to get more market share in the phone and tablet market. Well, their greed and lack of concern for their customer’s needs is going to give them a HUGE attitude adjustment. In the past MS could do this and not suffer much from doing it. Today’s world isn’t the same and people have options and are getting more of them as time passes.

I am no Apple fanboy but they would never make such an ignorant mistake that MS did with Windows 8/RT.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2675660]Windows 8 is a much better OS than W7. There seems to be a lot of griping about the Start Screen; I do not particularly understand why. For me it is so much more efficient than using the Start menu. W8 is far more resource friendly and multi tasking friendly than its predecessor.[/QUOTE]

Why didn’t MS give the user an option to keep the Windows 7 IU? All those things you mention about resources etc. is not depend on the UI. Why did MS feel the need to ram Metro up the a$$ of every desktop user? Think about that and get back to me with a plausible answer.

[QUOTE=aka74;2675671]…Yea, I’m interested too, why?[/QUOTE]
Maybe it’s the illusion of belonging while never doing any productive work. Simply paying out, receiving a share of the illusion and paying more to continue.

I’ve still never seen a programmer complete a Smart i-Apps on one of those devices. They always return to a Real Computer.

This will deliver a greater wall between the Have’s and Have-Not’s, as well as the Do’ers and the Watchers.

There’s a disappointing level of neediness or worthlessness that’s being expressed in those.

[QUOTE=UTR;2675684]Why didn’t MS give the user an option to keep the Windows 7 IU? All those things you mention about resources etc. is not depend on the UI. Why did MS feel the need to ram Metro up the a$$ of every desktop user? Think about that and get back to me with a plausible answer.[/QUOTE]Why don’t you think first about not being an @ss. I merely mentioned that I happened to like the operating system the way it is–and I can care less why Microsoft did not give you an option to customize Windows 8 to your liking.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2675696]Why don’t you think first about not being an @ss. I merely mentioned that I happened to like the operating system the way it is–and I can care less why Microsoft did not give you an option to customize Windows 8 to your liking.[/QUOTE]

no. but this thread is about low adoption of windows 8 and why. It turns out theres alot of people who don’t like the hybrid interface of windows 8.

no one is really argueing that windows 8 doesn’t have a good engine, all the arguments are that the interface is inferior for those using keyboards and mice.

I have a decent machine (almost two years old. i7 2700k) and when I tried the win8 RC it was marginally better… barely though (maybe its more pronounced on slower systems). The difference wasn’t nearly enough to convince me to swtich.

I would of had they left metro optional.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2675696]and I can care less why Microsoft did not give you an option to customize Windows 8 to your liking.[/QUOTE]

Neither did MS and it is biting them in the a$$ right now.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2675628]I can tell ya the hackers love you for your decision as well. Whether or not you go W7 is no concern to us but you should consider your browser and internet security as the reason to use a more secure O/S that still has support for it. W7 main good point is to be able to separate Admin from Users unlike XP in which all users are Admin and cause XP Admin problem you can gurantee that will make your XP wide open to security problems. As in W7 admin can be pswd separate and anything a user account causes is on their own account and can be wiped out preventing problem migrating to the Admin account. That the biggest benefit user accounts go bad wipe it out and Admin is safe for XP admin and user account is tied same privileges one has problem so does the other one. That the biggest security flaw in XP and trust me hackers most likely will target those using XP just for this security flaw. You might say they will never get me and then I will say how do you know that-they set so many traps and you will never see them since they compromised XP security on you system already.[/QUOTE]
Not sure what you are getting at. Admin & standard user accounts have been available since Windows NT4. Windows XP is based on Win2000, which is based on Win NT4.

I have my parents on a limited user account, because my father has a tendency to click ok, ok, ok, ok to everything, without reading the popup message, and that’s win xp. If they need this install any programs, a popup demands an admin account name and password to continue.

It stops most problems.

There’ s not much I can do about him unplugging every power, phone, network, usb and video cable and then not knowing where everything goes . Rotflmao.

[QUOTE=UTR;2675715]Neither did MS and it is biting them in the a$$ right now.[/QUOTE]They had the same low adoption rate in Vista and at the time I heard the same doom and gloom nonsense that I am hearing now. I do not see Microsoft struggling do you? Microsoft took a chance and perhaps it is not panning out currently but they can learn from this and improve in the future iteration. People whine that MS does not innovate and when it does there is more whining to be done.