Windows 8 already getting hyped

vbimport

Windows 8 already getting hyped.

[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/02/DVe1YG.jpg[/newsimage]With Windows 7 just four months old, it seems a bit early to be talking about Windows 8, but one Microsoft developer just couldn't keep his or her mouth shut.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-already-getting-hyped-25950/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-already-getting-hyped-25950/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Dunno about this. Windows for home users seem to have a pattern going on.

Windows 98 = Great
Windows ME = Crap
Windows XP = Great
Windows Vista = Crap
Windows 7 = Great
Windows 8 = ??

I think I’ll wait until Windows 9 goes RTM.

ugh… best thing about XP was its staying power… its hung out for about 10 years? Maybe MS should realize we don’t need a new OS every two years? It’s not the 80’s/90’s anymore.

I don’t think its a pattern really. I think its that there developing something good and people get to demanding and to keep people happy and make more money its released early just like ME/Vista were.

This doesn’t have me worried at all really. I think it will just be a move to make Windows simpler to use. Now chances are i wont fined it that great but this is what they will need to do to stay top dog because every knows how simple it is to use Windows. But i’m a Linux person so no worries for me.

Really i think its way to early to be making predictions and getting worried/hyped up. Theres good chance this can all be fake. I don’t see one drop of solid evidence in this article. In the end we most likely have at least 2yr tell Win8 at the least 1yr. People need to calm down we have a while and when it gets within 6 or so months MS will release press and a website like 7 so i don’t see why every one is loosing there heads over this…

Microsoft are dysfunctional and clueless when it comes to innovation. Whatever they come out with will be different because it will be trying to catch up with Apple (and maybe Google by then), who are always steps ahead in O/S technologies and innovation.

I can’t imaging how anyone can call any version of Windows “great”.

I lost count years ago how many times I cursed MS and the POS Windows XP for some problem or another that was having. Viruses, BSOD, security risks, Windows Activation de-activating itself etc… etc… etc…

Windows 3.11 = Was it that long? :confused:
Windows 95 = How long ago ? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
Windows 98 = Great! :wink:
Windows ME = Should be buried forever! :a :doh::Z
Windows XP = Even Greater! :iagree:
Windows Vista = Crap with bloatware :doh: :Z
Windows 7 = Far Greater then Great! :bow: :iagree: :clap:
Windows 8 = ?? :doh::doh::doh::doh:

[QUOTE=ivid;2493583]Microsoft are dysfunctional and clueless when it comes to innovation. [/QUOTE]

I think that is giving them to much credit.

[QUOTE=ivid;2493583]I lost count years ago how many times I cursed MS and the POS Windows XP for some problem or another that was having. Viruses, BSOD, security risks, Windows Activation de-activating itself etc… etc… etc…[/QUOTE]

You know if OSX/Linux/Chrome were the top OS they would be loaded with viruses etc etc. Now i’m not defending MS at all but i do think your straining it to heavily on the company. There are things they are behind other OS on like the whole admin/root system the introduced in Vista that has been being used way back by Linux and other OS.

No matter what the major OS is there are mor people trying to make things to ruin it then there are developing it. And in most cases its easier to make something that will mess up a OS then it is to secure it with making people happy at the same time. People can say all they want if OSX or Linux was the top OS we wouldn’t have this problem. This is only because no one wants to waist there time making viruses etc for a OS thats not largely used. When it comes to stealing info they want as much as they can get not a few OSX users. So there are a lot more exploiting and searching for holes in the OS.

Trust me i’m not backing MS in any way because i’m a Linux/open-source user and i still believe even if Linux was #1 it would be this way. MS is behind on some stuff i will agree.

[QUOTE=ivid;2493583]Whatever they come out with will be different because it will be trying to catch up with Apple (and maybe Google by then), who are always steps ahead in O/S technologies and innovation.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I can’t believe ivid did it again. He took an article about Windows 8 and turned it right around into a bona fide Apple love-fest. Then, to put the cherry on the sundae, he bad mouths the most long-lived and possibly best-loved OS Microsoft ever put out.

Bravo, sir. You are a true hater.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2493584]Windows 3.11 = Was it that long? :confused:
Windows 95 = How long ago ? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
Windows 98 = Great! :wink:
Windows ME = Should be buried forever! :a :doh::Z
Windows XP = Even Greater! :iagree:
Windows Vista = Crap with bloatware :doh: :Z
Windows 7 = Far Greater then Great! :bow: :iagree: :clap:
Windows 8 = ?? :doh::doh::doh::doh:[/QUOTE]

Where is Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 ? :bigsmile:

Well, it’s all down to opinion, love them or hate them, MS gets it done. It didn’t become the #1 OS in the world by accident.
I started with Win98. It was ok
I hated XP
Vista was ok
Win7 very good so far.
Linux, ok if you have time to waste getting things running. I’ve messed with it, but way to much effort, IMO.

Just my opinion, and we all have one. :slight_smile:

Win8, i’ll wait and see.

I started with DOS 3.1 and Deskmate as I had a Tandy XT to start out with.
Later went to DOS 5 windows 3.0 and 3.1, 95, 98, XP, and straight to 7.
I liked DOS 5, liked 98 better then 95, XP was out standing to me, then went right to 7 after seeing my geek friend running it and telling me it was way better then Vista and very stable.
I like 7 about as well as I liked XP, seems similar as far as everything just working and being stable. I’ve had a few BSODS here and there but some might be me, some are the crappy CPU I have, and some who knows, but it doesn’t do it regularly and seems to survive afterwards fine so far.
Hard to say if 8 will be anything to get excited about, we’ll have to wait and see.

[QUOTE=Dee;2493600]Well, it’s all down to opinion, love them or hate them, MS gets it done. It didn’t become the #1 OS in the world by accident.
I started with Win98. It was ok
I hated XP
Vista was ok
Win7 very good so far.
Linux, ok if you have time to waste getting things running. I’ve messed with it, but way to much effort, IMO.

Just my opinion, and we all have one. :slight_smile:

Win8, i’ll wait and see.[/QUOTE]
What?
Ubuntu works perfect with my netbook, and i didnt have to setup anything, you might want to try it again.
Plus the only stable OS from MS i had was MS-DOS 6 or somewhere near that version.

[QUOTE=vroom;2493603]What?
Ubuntu works perfect with my netbook, and i didnt have to setup anything, you might want to try it again.
Plus the only stable OS from MS i had was MS-DOS 6 or somewhere near that version.[/QUOTE]Doesn’t support my DVB-S card
Doesn’t support my Multi track sound card, and even if it could, i’ve never seen any Linux based multi track software worth using.
Doesn’t support my scanner or my camera, fully.
Can it play BD movies? Lost interest and never tried.

I am really interested to see that OS :slight_smile:

I’ll take the optimistic route and hope that Windows 8 is even better than Windows 7 (which I’m have a great time with).

For me, I use a combination of Windows and Linux. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

As IT support at work, the worst two I’ve encountered were ME and Vista. Windows 7 is currently too new to really comment on, but so far I haven’t encountered anyone with an issue with it and I’ve also been using it on my home PC since its launch. Vista has plagued me with OS crashes (mostly caused by Windows updates) and I’ve lost count of how many computers with Vista (various brands, including Dell, HP, etc.) I’ve had to repair or reinstall the OS on, where the crash was not caused by HDD failure. Resource and disk usage were another thing I didn’t like about Vista, although if you had had plenty of RAM, a fast disk (or SSD) and no OS crash, then you were one of the lucky ones to escape and probably wonder what all the fuss was about.

For Linux, I mainly use it for rescue operations, such as recovering data from failed hard disks. At work, our website is hosted on a Linux server, as there is plenty of PHP based packages and plug-ins freely available. Even if you claim to have no interest, let’s not forget that this very website is running on Linux servers. :slight_smile:

It was bad enough Microsoft finding reasons to get people to switch to Vista, considering there was more stuff that actually worked in XP than Vista. Windows 7 in my opinion is more of a bug fix for Vista, e.g. rather than release a service pack, Microsoft figured it could make a quick buck selling a new OS and sure enough Windows 7 was a success. Now, let’s see how well Microsoft can convince people to make the switch to Windows 8 once it launches. :wink:

Ugh, MS apparently inept or unwilling to get the internal floppy issue fixed in Win7 - what’s next in Win8?

Wait… did you just your floppy as in a floppy disc O.o haha i don’t think thats even in there minds to fix right now :wink:

Well Linux does have one market. Its servers no one really competes with Linux. I think thats why the OS stays so big. And its got a better development because users have so much more input. And most of it is developed as a hobby from coders on there spare time. So it gets more contributors and gets a wider verity of influence.

Sorry i’m on a laptop can’t type well :\

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2493632]…haha i don’t think thats even in there minds to fix right now :wink:

[/QUOTE]

whatever they do or don’t do it will affect my, and other affected, decision to move to Win8 :Z