Windows 8.1 update problem

vbimport

I am trying to update newly installed Win. 8 so I can install Win 8.1. Up[grade will not

take, upon rebooting it has a failure to update and reverting changes(takes forever). I

have had this problem before and usually doing a “troubleshoot updates” and a clean boot

worked, even did a sfc/scannow. Nothing seems to work.Thanks in advance for any ideas.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2748953]I am trying to update newly installed Win. 8 so I can install Win 8.1. Up[grade will not

take, upon rebooting it has a failure to update and reverting changes(takes forever). I

have had this problem before and usually doing a “troubleshoot updates” and a clean boot

worked, even did a sfc/scannow. Nothing seems to work.Thanks in advance for any ideas.[/QUOTE]

Was this a Win8 OEM machine to start? If this was a Win7 machine and you bought Win8 to install this would be problem in itself as this becomes unsupported O/S and getting to work together will be tricky. But if this was a Win8 OEM machine and you restored to factory install and still not update to W8.1 then you need to contact the manufacture and ask is this a upgradable to W8.1 and before doing that all your drivers must be updated to W8.1 before you update to W8.1. I read unless you do this just going W8.1 will break the W8 drivers.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2748953]
take, upon rebooting it has a failure to update and reverting changes(takes forever).[/QUOTE]
Post screenshot.