Windows 8.1 Spring update download now available

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 8.1 Spring update download now available[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/04/myce-windows8.1-start-menu-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-8-1-spring-update-download-now-available-71077

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Ugh…again M$ isn’t listening again … get rid of the Metro in my start menu task area. And let me the user have control of how I like it to look. They seem to not get the full picture of why the W8 is so low in market shares…and now with XP support going more will look and try to find W7 Install O/S instead of W8 O/S.

I’ve been using a version of this for a couple of weeks. This new update has some good improvements. It now has a more seamless integration between desktop and start screen. The next one will definitely win more customers, but not the likes of coolcolors, Why do you want a Windows 8 that is exactly the same as Windows 7? You may as well as well stay with Windows 7 and stop the constant complaining. You’re missing out on the improvements that Windows 8 brings, but I recall you saying there were no improvements so not sure why you care?

I’ve recently upgraded to Win8.1 and so far I like the way it works much better improvements over win8 anyway I am hopeful Microsoft will bring us more of what we all want as consumers after all we are their bread and butter. :slight_smile:

I bought two of those $14 Windows 8 for my desktop and laptop. Put 1 on the desktop in duo boot. Been holding off putting it on my laptop. They have it to the point I’ll update my laptop now.

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2724812]I’ve been using a version of this for a couple of weeks. This new update has some good improvements. It now has a more seamless integration between desktop and start screen. The next one will definitely win more customers, but not the likes of coolcolors, Why do you want a Windows 8 that is exactly the same as Windows 7? You may as well as well stay with Windows 7 and stop the constant complaining. You’re missing out on the improvements that Windows 8 brings, but I recall you saying there were no improvements so not sure why you care?[/QUOTE]

Actually you missed the point…this is about what the customer wants not what MS Apps store wants. What improvements small and slim in-between isn’t what I called very big improvements. Take real good look at market shares if your truth was so true W8 would be a hit but it instead took the other route right down the drain hole. And now they are saying here are some of Windows 7 back in Windows 8 thinking that will get people and institution back not really. They missed the boat and haven’t really admitted they (&(& messed up royally. A evolution of the O/S with user customization to what they want and need would do more to sell a O/S then to marginize it. Take a good look at OSx do you see them going Metro style…actually not…they actually improved it’s usage and interface and they may be second but aren’t breaking their OSx to make a buck.

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2724812]Why do you want a Windows 8 that is exactly the same as Windows 7? You may as well as well stay with Windows 7…[/QUOTE]

At launch, Windows 8 was [B]way cheaper[/B] than any version of Windows had ever been. That’s why a lot of us went for it, and many bought multiple copies. Plus, Windows 8 has a lot of [B]under-the-hood enhancements[/B] and security features that make it [B]far better[/B] than Windows 7.

[QUOTE=negritude;2725000]At launch, Windows 8 was [B]way cheaper[/B] than any version of Windows had ever been. That’s why a lot of us went for it, and many bought multiple copies. Plus, Windows 8 has a lot of [B]under-the-hood enhancements[/B] and security features that make it [B]far better[/B] than Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

They don’t seem to tout that as much as the METRO UI if that was the case. Cheaper isn’t always - mean better. Under-the-hood enhancements and security doesn’t mean much when METRO fails at getting users to use it. A evolution of the O/S would do more for Windows then a shoving it down the users and IT throats. Or not listening to the tester and preview users telling how it went and calling them dumb and stupid doesn’t help either.

I run Windows 8.1 all the time I like it but for me windows 7 was better option but if they just made it without the metro windows 8.1 for desktops and laptops it would have left Windows 7 in the dust.JMO

[QUOTE=ILLP;2725065]I run Windows 8.1 all the time I like it but for me windows 7 was better option but if they just made it without the metro windows 8.1 for desktops and laptops it would have left Windows 7 in the dust.JMO[/QUOTE]

That’s the problem they didn’t care except their bottom line and never-mind what the tester told them would happen if they didn’t listen and guess what management never listens.