Windows 7

vbimport

I just purchased a new pc with windows 7. It’s 64 bits. Fab doesn’t work with this new pc. It still works on my other 4 older ones. 2 have XP, and the other 2 have Vista. they are all 32 bit though. I have the newest version of fab. Does Fab work with windows 7 with 64 bits? I’m new to posting fellas. Hope this is in the right place. I’ve been a member for a couple years but this is my 1st question. I usually look over other posts and always have found my answer. But I’m having a hard time with the new updated look of this site. I have to get use to this new looke. Can’t seem to find things as well as I use to. Thanks before hand. By the way you guys have done/are doing a great job here. I love (I have paid version) fab/mobile and know it’ll only get better. I’m waiting till you guys work all the bugs out of Bluray before I upgrade though…Jazzman 1

[QUOTE=jazzman1;2459164]I just purchased a new pc with windows 7. It’s 64 bits. Fab doesn’t work with this new pc. It still works on my other 4 older ones. 2 have XP, and the other 2 have Vista. they are all 32 bit though. I have the newest version of fab. Does Fab work with windows 7 with 64 bits? I’m new to posting fellas. Hope this is in the right place. I’ve been a member for a couple years but this is my 1st question. I usually look over other posts and always have found my answer. But I’m having a hard time with the new updated look of this site. I have to get use to this new looke. Can’t seem to find things as well as I use to. Thanks before hand. By the way you guys have done/are doing a great job here. I love (I have paid version) fab/mobile and know it’ll only get better. I’m waiting till you guys work all the bugs out of Bluray before I upgrade though…Jazzman 1[/QUOTE]

Hi jazzman1

There are a few issues between DVDFab and the 64bit version of Win7, you didn’t state what your problem is :frowning:

[B]SJ[/B]

I have been running DVDFab on widnows 7 Ultimate 64bit for almost a month now and have not had any issues. So like StormJumper mentioned already need you to state what your problem is

Yes DVDFab does work on a Win 7 System

I have DVDFab on a Win 7 64bit system, and have had no real issues with it at all.

If you can give us some more details of the issues you are having I am sure we can find a solution that will work for you.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I did’nt even know this was here. I waited a mintue after I posted last night and went to bed. I’m still getting use to the new look here. Ok, my problem…When I load a disc in my dvd drive fab starts to scans the disc but never stops. It never opens the disc. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still scanning. It opens as usual on my other pc’s. I read your replies that fab works for you guys with win 7-64 bit so I gather I have to adjust some settings or something.

[QUOTE=jazzman1;2459342]Hey guys thanks for the replies. I did’nt even know this was here. I waited a mintue after I posted last night and went to bed. I’m still getting use to the new look here. Ok, my problem…When I load a disc in my dvd drive fab starts to scans the disc but never stops. It never opens the disc. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still scanning. It opens as usual on my other pc’s. I read your replies that fab works for you guys with win 7-64 bit so I gather I have to adjust some settings or something.[/QUOTE]

Is it all discs, or one in particular? Which version of DVDFab? Do you have any other CD/DVD utilities installed that could be conflicting and tying up the drive? Have you tried with Pathplayer disabled?

[QUOTE=jazzman1;2459342]Hey guys thanks for the replies. I did’nt even know this was here. I waited a mintue after I posted last night and went to bed. I’m still getting use to the new look here. Ok, my problem…When I load a disc in my dvd drive fab starts to scans the disc but never stops. It never opens the disc. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still scanning. It opens as usual on my other pc’s. I read your replies that fab works for you guys with win 7-64 bit so I gather I have to adjust some settings or something.[/QUOTE]

This new computer did you checkthe firmware on the drive/burner to insure it was up to date ?

[B]SJ[/B]

Hurricane and stormjumper, thanks guys. All disc I tried failed. I have fab 6.1.2.5. Don’t know if I have any conflicting software. And no I did’nt try it with pathplayer disabled yet. But I have another software program that I use that does’nt work either on this new Pc. Shrink, Image burn, dvd decripter and ritit4me all work though. And no stormjumper I did’nt check the firmware on the dvd burner. But I have burned dvd’s with shrink and imageburn just fine, had no burning problems at all. I’ll check the things you guys suggest and get back with you.