Windows 7

are they making a newer version that works with windows 7?

windows 7 is due in oct of this year but theres talk of it being pushed back, I have the beta and I actually kinda like it.

im sure dvdfab will have no problem with the switch over, people behind it are in a class of their own IMO

[QUOTE=blair99;2286420]are they making a newer version that works with windows 7?[/QUOTE]

Don’t hold your breath… they’re going to wait until Windows 7 is finished and complete (with no more major changes) before they start adapting software for that O/S.

No point in doing it before, as MS could change something, requiring developers to update an update - basically a waste of programming time…

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2286433]Don’t hold your breath… they’re going to wait until Windows 7 is finished and complete (with no more major changes) before they start adapting software for that O/S.

No point in doing it before, as MS could change something, requiring developers to update an update - basically a waste of programming time…

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

There won’t be any major changes between now and the October 22 retail release date. Now that 7 has hit RC stage, it is feature complete and any changes will be bug fixes only until RTM. This is done to encourage developers to get moving and NOT worry about program breaking changes before release.

As for DVDFab, I’ve had pretty good luck with it on Windows 7 64-bit. The only thing I haven’t gotten working is DVD to Mobile, then again I’ve only used that feature 2 or 3 times overall, so it could easily be user error on my part…

Windows 7 is all but completed now, there may a few cumulative updates but I doubt there will be any major changes from the RC that MSDN has. All the major computer manufactorers need at least 3 months or so to get this ready for sale in Oct. 2009. I think Acer already announced that they will have computers running Windows 7 for sale in Oct 09. I do not know this for a fact, but I am gusssing that all the major software vendors have this version and will be fully adapted by Octs release.

I started my experience with Windows 286 after a few years on Apple. Windows has grown older just like I have. It kept getting more bloated (fatter), cantankerous, filled with more useless apps - I keep retelling the same stories over and over that people tell me to stop. My hearing is degrading, Microsoft can’t seem to hear what people are telling them at all. I have more trouble working with new people, Windows can’t even talk to some of the old people.

I hope the new OS gets reborn with enlightenment.

I guess that when you say Windows 286, you mean the windows that came out in the mid 80’s, that was the GUI for DOS. Which was nothing more than an overlay. It stunk. Windows has come a long way since then.

I like the new OS, but then again I also like Vista, yes they are more bloated, but so is the whole world. I have used the beta and the RC since they were released, and they seem to work fairly well, just getting some of the beta antivirus programs to communicate has been my biggest issue.

ok, thanks for the input. I was hoping they would make a quick patch or something like that. But ok thats cool thanks for telling me i might have to revert back to vista.

Thanks;

Blair

Or even Windows XP, blair99. :wink:

[QUOTE=copyless;2286697]I guess that when you say Windows 286, you mean the windows that came out in the mid 80’s, that was the GUI for DOS. Which was nothing more than an overlay. It stunk. Windows has come a long way since then.
[/QUOTE]

It still stinks, but it’s prettier.

I heard that Win7 will be RTM sometime near the end of July, and available to MSDN subscribers for download.

In reality, Win7 is Vista 1.1.

[QUOTE=jsimmons3;2290086]I heard that Win7 will be RTM sometime near the end of July, and available to MSDN subscribers for download.

In reality, Win7 is Vista 1.1.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was already available for MSDN subscribers, I have the RC ver build 7100 just installed today from the beta version.

I am runnig Windows 7 RC Build 7100 - and have DVDFab with ImgBurn and Both Work Great with Windows 7 32 bit

Duz:):slight_smile:

[QUOTE=duzmor;2290143]I am runnig Windows 7 RC Build 7100 - and have DVDFab with ImgBurn and Both Work Great with Windows 7 32 bit

Duz:):)[/QUOTE]
Ditto…:cool:…had no problems with the previous Windows 7 Beta either.
Both on 32 bit systems and using Platinum (latest versions as they’re released) and Img

[QUOTE=bean55;2290110]I thought it was already available for MSDN subscribers, I have the RC ver build 7100 just installed today from the beta version.[/QUOTE]

The release candidate is available to msdn (and I think everyone else by now). However, the actual release version is not (yet).

[QUOTE=jsimmons3;2290485]The release candidate is available to msdn (and I think everyone else by now). However, the actual release version is not (yet).[/QUOTE]

It did say to pretty much any one that wants it can get it, that way they hook you in so you will probably buy it instead of going backwards when the time comes.
So the RTM version is the version right before they start selling it?
Only available to MSDN subscribers?

Looks like “we peasants” will be able to purchase Windows 7 on Oct. 29, '09.

[B]@js[/B], you might have more utd info. I just found this on a google search…2nd hit:

http://windows7news.com/tag/windows-7-rtm/

I am using DVD Fab 6.0.1.0 and Windows 7 with built 7100 series. No Problem to report off.

I’m running Win 7 RC x64 and DVD Fab 5.x won’t keep it’s registration code. It says it took the code and says it will restart registered, but the same registration pop up appears again asking for the registration code. I am running DVDFab in Administration Mode and I have tried XP compatibility mode and neither helps.

Anyone else having this problem?

Havn’t installed my 64 bit version yet , Hopefully this weekend.

No problems with the 32 bit version so far.

Hope you get it worked out before I get there so I know what needs to be done.