Windows 7 still dominates – Windows 8 grows at expense of XP

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 7 still dominates – Windows 8 grows at expense of XP[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/09/myce-statcounter-august-2014-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-7-still-dominates-windows-8-grows-at-expense-of-xp-72572

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Beware the ides of Marchus, or Septemberus, as it might be.

Basically windows 8/8.1 haven’t won anyone over, and windows xp is dying by attrition as people replace their PCs and get stuck with the new Windows.
No one is willing to pay for the upgrade to windows 8/8.1.

Anyone with windows 7 is hanging on for dear life …

Good luck, Microsoft, with your next OS.

I agree debro, XP is dying by attrition and it’s now nigh on impossible to buy a machine with Windows 7 installed.
My neighbour bought an upgrade new laptop to replace her old faulty XP machine. She got stuck with Windows 8.1 and couldn’t use it. I tried to help, but it was returned to the shop and now uses a MAC.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2735845]I tried to help, but it was returned to the shop and now uses a MAC.[/QUOTE]

This is M$ own fault not the users. They refused to listen and now Mac is taking a bit out of M$ and all they can blame is themselves for it. This is what happens when you don’t listen to your tester and IT that runs the O/S and test and then call them dumb and don’t know anything.

[QUOTE=debro;2735789]
Anyone with windows 7 is hanging on for dear life …

Good luck, Microsoft, with your next OS.[/QUOTE]

That the basics of it right now…they aren’t hanging for dear life but saying wheww…glad I got it before they screwed me over…:iagree:

Only reason I’m using Win 7 is that I couldn’t get XP to install on my 8 core 4ghz machine. It’s tollerable, but barely. File permissions and it’s penchant to “Phone Home” are major annoyances. Just bought a new laptop with 8 installed, drive was yanked, fomatted and dual booted to Win 7 and Ubuntu before it was even turned on. Still have 1 extra copy of Win 7 if needed. As for Win 8/8.1, there aren’t enough expletives in any language to adequetly describe how bad it is.