Windows 7 pro bit BSOD

vbimport

Hi, my Win 7 keep crashing on me. Using Bluescreenview, I get this crash address ntoskrnl.exe+74080. Do I need to list all the drivers that is causing my computer to crash?

[QUOTE=prim8e;2776706]Hi, my Win 7 keep crashing on me. Using Bluescreenview, I get this crash address ntoskrnl.exe+74080. Do I need to list all the drivers that is causing my computer to crash?[/QUOTE]
BSOD means corrupted drivers and a reinstall is the only fix that you can do here. Your O/S is corrupted anything krnl is kernel and that is bad.

Memorytest?

Did Memtest and OCCT run on my system. Everything passed without errors. Can I avoid doing a reinstall by running system file checker?

[QUOTE=prim8e;2776736]Did Memtest and OCCT run on my system. Everything passed without errors. Can I avoid doing a reinstall by running system file checker?[/QUOTE]
Problem here is memtest passed and no failure this only leaves one last part the O/S. Did you do a smart check on the HDD or SSD? If those pass then your left with the O/S since it is a Kernel fault that is what you don’t want to have.

Have you checked in the Device Manager that there is no yellow-! sign for a missing driver? Tried to installed the latest chipset drivers for the motherboard and other hardware installed in the computer?

Overclocked or running a RAID system with old drivers?

Hmm, ‘Critical object termination’ if i read it correctly’ - Anything connected to the computer (camera, scanner, soundcard) or programs installed prior to this starting to happen?.

Did you try to boot off the Windows 7 installation CD, if memory serves me right, there is a possibility to repair your PC just before setup.

General advice from Microsoft here.

check device manager; no yellow question mark. all devices indicated working properly. No additional hardware installed or programs installed. I will do a smart check on hdd. When doing a repair job using Win 7 Cd, is it similar to sysfile checker under Win98 SE?

Like Windows 98 SE? - Sure, let us stretch the comparison ‘just’ a tad

No, it is nowhere near as simple as Windows 98 SE. Not that SFC /SCANNOW on Windows 7 or any other version is ever going to help much. That has actually never helped me one bit. Truth, not even once. Now I do not recall just how and what is available, but I can restore an image later tonight and get back to you :flower:

[QUOTE=prim8e;2776750]check device manager; no yellow question mark. all devices indicated working properly.[/QUOTE]

Also checked with ‘show hidden devices’ enabled?

Disable all startup programs in msconfig and startup with minimal resources.
If the BSOD not occurs,it’s not a corrupt system driver,so you have to enable the startup programs 1 by 1 to find the culprit.

[QUOTE=prim8e;2776706]Hi, my Win 7 keep crashing on me. Using Bluescreenview, I get this crash address ntoskrnl.exe+74080. Do I need to list all the drivers that is causing my computer to crash?[/QUOTE]
Have you looked here?
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-7-multiple-bsod-issues/7ddad1a8-1488-4f5b-af82-6da1bacbd74c?auth=1

To me a kernel fault is pretty bad since that is O/S system file and it uses those alot.

Bluescreenview usually lists the suspect drivers at the top of the list. Can you post an image for the BSV window? I’ve yet to see it fail to show the offending driver in the top 1-3 position.

Tell me you haven’t been letting Windows Update manage your hardware drivers??!!

yeah, went online and look at various issues people have put online with Microsoft answer forum and check if any of them is similiar to what I’m experiencing. No luck. I think my hardware drivers is up to date. a copy of the Bluescreen file is attached

back.txt (20.7 KB)

vsdatant.sys is ZoneAlarm or CheckPoint VPN. Tried to uninstall it to see if that helps?

Check out this link

http://www.pallareviews.com/259/solved-windows-7-64-bit-bsod-errors-simple-solutions/

and this

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/showthread.php/78891-BSOD-vsdatant-sys-issues-with-fltmgr-sys

might have to get rid of ZA

just find out vsdatant is Zonealarm . What version of Zonealarm fixes this problem or it doesn’t? What other firewall program I should use? Do I need to do a clean install of Windows in order to get rid of zonealarm completely?

Uninstall Zone alarm through the Windows control panel and see if that solves the problem. Windows 7 has it’s own firewall that you could run until you know for sure it was Zone alarm.

In order to correctly uninstall ZA, you first have to stop the service. Pretty sure ZA offers instructions for a clean uninstall. Simply using Windows uninstall won’t remove the driver.
Although it would seem that doing a search for vsdatant.sys after your uninstall and deleting it might help.

Otherwise just update it and see if that helps. I think the current free version is 14.1.057

Always worth a try :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/zonealarm-uninstall-tool/

thanks to everyone for their help. Waited to see if my computer still have BSOD issues. It appears problem is solved by updating my Zonealarm firewall to the latest version.