Windows 7 Pre-Order Offer

Have a Vista 64 bit and running W7 Rc and some one told me that if you pre order W7 that you will get the OEM version thus able to install it on every computer in your home with the same disk, is this true??? it seems if it’s a OEM that it should work.

[QUOTE=zapper130;2309794]Have a Vista 64 bit and running W7 Rc and some one told me that if you pre order W7 that you will get the OEM version thus able to install it on every computer in your home with the same disk, is this true??? it seems if it’s a OEM that it should work.[/QUOTE]

OEM is for 1 PC only & it dies with that machine.

i’ve not heard of a version that your allowed to install on all the PC’s in your house

…I would surely buy one unfortunately both play and amazon are out of stock (I’m interested in Pro version) and no one else seems to ship to Sweden (…and no, I don’t want a crappy swedish OS)… :frowning:
//Danne

[QUOTE=Bjproc;2309998]OEM is for 1 PC only & it dies with that machine.

i’ve not heard of a version that your allowed to install on all the PC’s in your house[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your info.

[QUOTE=zapper130;2309794]Have a Vista 64 bit and running W7 Rc and some one told me that if you pre order W7 that you will get the OEM version thus able to install it on every computer in your home with the same disk, is this true??? it seems if it’s a OEM that it should work.[/QUOTE]

If you want to use only one (1) OS disc for all of your systems in your house then you will have to
buy a retail copy of Windows (Vista, or Win7 when it comes out) and purchase extra license from
Microsoft for each and every system you want to install it on up to a point. I’m not really sure how
many extra license you can buy for one Retail copy of Windows I would guess maybe something like
4 or 5 extra license per disc but I don’t know for sure. :confused: As Bjproc said an OEM copy of Windows is
for 1 PC and only 1 PC and & it dies with that machine, where as a Retail copy can be moved to another
system provided it is completely removed from the first system before being installed on the second system. :iagree:

[Edit] The only other option is to maybe go with Open Source Linux for more than one system at a time[/End Edit]

MS have us coming and going as far as extra $.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2310140]As Bjproc said an OEM copy of Windows is
for 1 PC and only 1 PC and & it dies with that machine, where as a Retail copy can be moved to another
system provided it is completely removed from the first system before being installed on the second system. :iagree:[/QUOTE]Fortunately, here in Germany we can also move OEM and System Builder licenses to other computers :slight_smile:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2310169]Fortunately, here in Germany we can also move OEM and System Builder licenses to other computers :slight_smile:

Michael[/QUOTE]not really any need for a retail license then :bigsmile: