Windows 7 Pre-Order Offer

mn07206565
It looks like you [B]can[/B] pre-order the upgrade version of Win7 Ultimate from the Microsoft Store, but there is no discount applied to it at the moment, and may never be one.

Certainly not a great buy at that price.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2299507]mn07206565
It looks like you [B]can[/B] pre-order the upgrade version of Win7 Ultimate from the Microsoft Store, but there is no discount applied to it at the moment, and may never be one.

Certainly not a great buy at that price.[/QUOTE]

Wow I went to this site before and i missed it. Now i need to decide to i spend the money now or wait in case a discount comes. Thanks

Reading at the MS site it says you can do a clean install with the upgrade discs.

219.00 is a little high for the upgrade; wonder what the OEM pricing will be?

I just pre-ordered Windows 7 for $0.00, Plus $10.00 shipping and handling. This is part of the limited time offer and certain companies (Tigerdirect.com) that sold me Vista is participating. I had to give them the Product Key and mail them a copy of the receipt (which Tigerdirect.com e-mailed me) I will get a disc and have to do a clean install.

the website for the instructions is:

www.windows.com/upgradeoffers or

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx

Why pay half price when you may be able to get it for next to nothing.:iagree:

If Europeans are getting the full version for the upgrade price as suggeste in post #18, what kind of punishment is that? Sounds like the European union actions are being rewarded, and the the Europeans are getting a better deal than those in the US.

For me personally I plan using WiXP as long as it does all I need because both Vista and Win7 take far too much space and use much too much memory to suit me. By the time WinXP is no longer able to do all I need there’ll probably be a new Windows version, and I’ll upgrade then.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2299679]If Europeans are getting the full version for the upgrade price as suggeste in post #18, [B]what kind of punishment is that? [/B]Sounds like the European union actions are being rewarded, and the the Europeans are getting a better deal than those in the US.

For me personally I plan using WiXP as long as it does all I need because both Vista and Win7 take far too much space and use much too much memory to suit me. By the time WinXP is no longer able to do all I need there’ll probably be a new Windows version, and I’ll upgrade then.[/QUOTE]

not everyone, well majority of people doesn’t have the technical knowledge about creating backups/restoring etc… performing an upgrade is that much simpler.

In reading around, yes, it will be possible to do a clean install from the upgrade discs. I’m seriously considering getting a Technet subscription, especially if I can get it for $250 as I have at least 3 computers that Win7 will be going on.

rememmber technet is an subscription, 250 a year, once you stop paying you should stop using the products from the site.

all the software you get from technet is for evaluation, you don’t own anything.

Will this work with custom computers?

What exactly are you asking about PlasmaShock? Win7 upgrade versions or software through Technet?

Either should work fine with custom made computers though.

I got one Home Premium from Micro Center

can upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 ???
TIA

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2299906]I got one Home Premium from Micro Center

can upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 ???
TIA[/QUOTE]

well, yes/no

yes, windows xp is fine for upgrade version
no, actual upgrade will not be performed, you will be forced to do clean install.

Burnsama, you [B]can[/B] go to Win7 from XP using the upgrade version, but you will have to back up data first as it will wipe out the earlier installation.

Edit: A little late on my reply. I’ve been investigating all the options on the upgrade installs.

Thanks for the info nekrosoft13 & Kerry56 :slight_smile:

One more Question can Upgrade from 32bit to 64bit Windows 7 ???
Thanks

Bad timing for built New PC :a

Yes, you can do this upgrade 32bit XP to 64bit Win7, but it will definitely wipe out the earlier installation doing this.

It would also require a clean install going from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2299929]Yes, you can do this upgrade 32bit XP to 64bit Win7, but it will definitely wipe out the earlier installation doing this.

It would also require a clean install going from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Kerry56 :bow:

it is really bad timing for built New PC :sad:

[QUOTE=bevills1;2299679]If Europeans are getting the full version for the upgrade price as suggeste in post #18, what kind of punishment is that? Sounds like the European union actions are being rewarded, and the the Europeans are getting a better deal than those in the US.

For me personally I plan using WiXP as long as it does all I need because both Vista and Win7 take far too much space and use much too much memory to suit me. By the time WinXP is no longer able to do all I need there’ll probably be a new Windows version, and I’ll upgrade then.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know, W7 for $10.00 dollars U.S. is about as good as it gets. This will require a complete install also. In that sense, it is not an upgrade and I will have the hard copy. I too will use XP till the end and since I have 3, 500G hard drives doing a dual boot won’t be a problem with W7 on it’s own hard drive.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2299950]I don’t know, W7 for $10.00 dollars U.S. is about as good as it gets. This will require a complete install also. In that sense, it is not an upgrade and I will have the hard copy. I too will use XP till the end and since I have 3, 500G hard drives doing a dual boot won’t be a problem with W7 on it’s own hard drive.[/QUOTE]
I think what he was saying is the pre order isn’t open to anyone outside the USA.
Good pick up for that price for you though.

what i want to know is WHEN Windows 7 will be available on clubbing.com (a microsoft website where if you get enough points from playing games you can get stuff 100percent free. the site is legit because i got a 100percent free Microsoft Habu Gaming mouse from there not to long ago) because they currently have Vista ‘home premium’ and ‘ultimate’ there ( http://tinyurl.com/lzugxy )

UK presale begins July 15th. I imagine the rest of Europe will begin roughly same time frame.

I still think they have it best, No preinstalled IE and no upgrade, full version only.

It sucks to be us, lol.