Windows 7 no longer sold to consumers – all about Windows 8.1 now

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 7 no longer sold to consumers – all about Windows 8.1 now[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2009/11/081110windows7installerheader.jpg.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft will no longer sell computers with Windows 7 installed starting the 31st of October this year, which is next Friday. Retail sales of Windows 7 already ended on the same date last year. After next Friday only Windows 8.1 will be available to the consumer market.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-7-no-longer-sold-to-consumers-all-about-windows-8-1-now-73363](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-7-no-longer-sold-to-consumers-all-about-windows-8-1-now-73363)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Microsoft is so out of touch that it just isn’t funny. Nobody wants Windows 8.0/8.1/8.2/8.3 …

I enjoy Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 dual booted on my current setup I’ve used XP for many years never wasted time on Vista uninstalled it when I got it and I don’t really like Windows 8.1 I believe I’ll continue to use Windows 7 until 2020 as I don’t hop from OS to OS If it works and I like it I keep using it despite the critics who say it’s old and you need to upgrade as long as it’s x64 it will support a lot of ram and newer stuff most company’s don’t end support right away it takes time I still see on box’s when you buy hardware that it will support XP.

Sorry M$ but I already have the disk and ISO images so pout all you want W7 is mine forever…or until Windows…whatever comes out without Metro )((&( …kids block…

“Sorry M$ but I already have the disk and ISO images so pout all you want W7 is mine forever…or until Windows…whatever comes out without Metro )((&( …kids block…”

Or until Registry corru[ption and the “Blue Screen of Death” force you to reinstall.
Then they have you by the short and curllies.

Sorry Microsoft, I have a nice GNU/Linux distro running on my machine. If for any reason, I want to swich distros, there’s an ISO around the corner. No more Windows for me until Microsoft stops being so damned shady. In the meantime, I guess I’ll keep watching for those flying pigs.

I’m still using XP, and it still works as well as it ever did. Of the newer Windows releases, I think 7 is the most palatable, but I’m not going to go nuts trying to find a copy at inflated prices.
Classic for them to stop sales of the Windows version most of their core users prefer, because it might cannibalize sales of what they wish people would buy. They’re getting paid either way! Follow the market! But no, it’s more important to protect their ego.

Their head is deep in the sand. They really need to start taking their customers seriously instead of laughing them off and trying to dictate. For all of Microsoft’s past dominance, they seem determined to sink the ship. It can and will go down if they don’t adjust their attitude. As Windows declines, everything else will follow.
Microsoft apparently thinks they don’t have a future without mobile devices, but mobile devices don’t want Microsoft. In the process of this battle, they continue to ignore and alienate their desktop users. To keep Windows revenue alive, they cling to the outdated 1990s era belief that people need to “upgrade” their computing environment every 3-5 years. People are rightfully resisting that more and more.

Worst case, I just use XP and/or Linux for my everyday OS and use some new bloated security nanny release as a glorified game loader.
I wish XP64 had been better supported, instead of ignored. If XP64 was a current product, I’d pay full retail for it right now.

[QUOTE=olddancer;2739810]“Sorry M$ but I already have the disk and ISO images so pout all you want W7 is mine forever…or until Windows…whatever comes out without Metro )((&( …kids block…”

Or until Registry corru[ption and the “Blue Screen of Death” force you to reinstall.
Then they have you by the short and curllies.[/QUOTE]

Really…reinstall and my register and Windows 7 is back working…how does that force me to go to W8 debacle…nothing really…try no to hit the koolaid to hard ok…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2739879]Really…reinstall and my register and Windows 7 is back working…how does that force me to go to W8 debacle…nothing really…try no to hit the koolaid to hard ok…[/QUOTE]

You eventually have to activate Windows. Given how long they allowed XP to be activated, it shouldn’t be an issue for a long time, but it will still become an issue eventually.

Of course, it’s not like this is really that much of a problem.

[QUOTE=Albert;2739885]You eventually have to activate Windows. Given how long they allowed XP to be activated, it shouldn’t be an issue for a long time, but it will still become an issue eventually.

Of course, it’s not like this is really that much of a problem.[/QUOTE]

True but if you already own the COA activation isn’t a problem… :bigsmile: and then the pirates…well they will just have to float their boat… :flower:

I think the purpose of a home PC has evolved. No longer is it a mainstay of hard-core gaming machine (consoles have won this market with exclusive content shunned for release on PCs)… or a general APP machine… the main purposes are for being the nerve center or server for other devices serving video and files. Network routers , tablets, laptops, Smart HDTVs, and streaming media boxes along with external hard drives are making the transition.

MS has not reflected this transition in their OS not fully understanding the significance of the shift to the smart SCREEN and portable devices.Way back I remember portable media players as a stand-alone device were all the rage-- now the technology has grown up… these days my PC gets about as frequent use as a mop or a broom-- otherwise it’s in “standby mode” waiting for it’s next use.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2739903]True but if you already own the COA activation isn’t a problem… :bigsmile: and then the pirates…well they will just have to float their boat… :flower:[/QUOTE]

That’s right, I forgot about that capability… Thanks for the reminder.