Windows 7 Laptop restarts on shutdown HELP!

vbimport

Hi

I hope someone can help me with this mad problem!

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 that wont shutdown, instead its seems to restard after 2/3 seconds of appearing to shutdown. The only way to shutdown is holding the power button till it stops.

I’ve searched the web and tried loads of things but still no joy.

Its running a fresh Windows 7 install and no other software. I’ve tried 2 different W7 discs and no change. I’ve tried stripping down to bare bones, no joy. I’ve checked the BIOS and all the power/wake settings I can find and still no change.

Its driving me mad.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem please??

Cheers

[QUOTE=ali220162;2614766]Hi

I hope someone can help me with this mad problem!

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 that wont shutdown, instead its seems to restard after 2/3 seconds of appearing to shutdown. The only way to shutdown is holding the power button till it stops.

I’ve searched the web and tried loads of things but still no joy.

Its running a fresh Windows 7 install and no other software. I’ve tried 2 different W7 discs and no change. I’ve tried stripping down to bare bones, no joy. I’ve checked the BIOS and all the power/wake settings I can find and still no change.

Its driving me mad.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem please??

Cheers[/QUOTE]

That is usually a sign of corrupted drivers and you need to do a fresh install again and load the correct drivers from Toshiba site that correlates to Windows 7 version of O/S that your using. And make sure your Bios is updated as well.

Toshiba has a step by step upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista. Go to the Link below and take a look see if that will help you set up your Laptop. Click the Download and your Model. :cool:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/outFrm.jsp?ofId=AskIris&searchString=L300

Hi and thanks for the replies. I’ve done all that already and am now thinking this has to be a hardware issue probably the board.

UPDATE:

I noticed that the keyboard was not functioning correctly so removed it again, cleaned it and re-seated it. It now appears to be shutting down. The keyboard was very dirty and I think it now possible that it had some debris pressing on a contact or dirt in the system board connector. Its a customers machine and I will be advising him on how to keep his keyboard dirt free from now on! :iagree:

Thanks for all the advice.