Windows 7 I.E. stops

vbimport

I am constantly getting the message “Windows Explorer has stopped working”. I only have have one add-on, Robo-Form. I have a 6 Month old Asus Intel5, 1 T HD.Windows 7 Home.This is very annoying, any help would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2602549]I am constantly getting the message “Windows Explorer has stopped working”. I only have have one add-on, Robo-Form. I have a 6 Month old Asus Intel5, 1 T HD.Windows 7 Home.This is very annoying, any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
I hope you didn’t buy your copy of Windows 7 on Ebay.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are two different things. This has nothing to do with IE.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2602591]Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are two different things. This has nothing to do with IE.[/QUOTE]

Actually that is incorrect they both function and use the same functions so they aren’t really to different programs. We don’t know what and which version of IE they are referring to. So if they can tell us which version of IE they are using that would also help and as well as what they doing and what site caused the IE shutdown?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2602563]I hope you didn’t buy your copy of Windows 7 on Ebay.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
No, came with the computer.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2602594]No, came with the computer.[/QUOTE]

So what is the make and model and version of 7 are you using as well as version of IE???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2602597]So what is the make and model and version of 7 are you using as well as version of IE???[/QUOTE]
Windows Home Professional, I.E. 9

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2602593]Actually that is incorrect they both function and use the same functions so they aren’t really to different programs. they doing [/QUOTE]

This isn’t worth debating, I’ve seen this error message on PC’s that don’t even have IE installed. Once again, this error message has nothing to do with IE.

“… with the release of Windows Vista & Server 2008 and Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer is no longer integrated with Windows Explorer. Unlike older versions, Windows Explorer does not host Internet Explorer controls in its own process, rather it launches a new process when necessary. In Windows Vista and Server 2008 (and in Windows XP as well if IE7 or 8 is installed), Windows Explorer no longer displays web pages, and IE7 does not support use as a file manager, although one will separately launch the other as necessary.”

:iagree:[QUOTE=Whappo;2602611]This isn’t worth debating, I’ve seen this error message on PC’s that don’t even have IE installed. Once again, this error message has nothing to do with IE.

“… with the release of Windows Vista & Server 2008 and Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer is no longer integrated with Windows Explorer. Unlike older versions, Windows Explorer does not host Internet Explorer controls in its own process, rather it launches a new process when necessary. In Windows Vista and Server 2008 (and in Windows XP as well if IE7 or 8 is installed), Windows Explorer no longer displays web pages, and IE7 does not support use as a file manager, although one will separately launch the other as necessary.”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Whappo;2602611]This isn’t worth debating, I’ve seen this error message on PC’s that don’t even have IE installed. Once again, this error message has nothing to do with IE.

“… with the release of Windows Vista & Server 2008 and Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer is no longer integrated with Windows Explorer. Unlike older versions, Windows Explorer does not host Internet Explorer controls in its own process, rather it launches a new process when necessary. In Windows Vista and Server 2008 (and in Windows XP as well if IE7 or 8 is installed), Windows Explorer no longer displays web pages, and IE7 does not support use as a file manager, although one will separately launch the other as necessary.”[/QUOTE]

debate or no but it would be good to at least provide a link to your reply so at least for me I can find that information as to what they did to IE and windows integration???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2602815]debate or no but it would be good to at least provide a link to your reply so at least for me I can find that information as to what they did to IE and windows integration???[/QUOTE]
I would also like to see such a helpful link. T.I.A.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928675

[QUOTE=Whappo;2603174]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928675[/QUOTE]

And how does that relate to Windows 7 there isn’t anything in there referencing to Windows 7?

I give up.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2603574]I give up.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t even tells us much of anything or tells us nothing was ever given that would help tells us more. All that was posted was about XP/Vista and wasn’t telling us anything of how if what changes where made to IE in Windows 7 when it came out.

If you and the op believe the “Windows Explorer has stopped working” error message is IE related then by all means search in that direction for solutions. If you believe IE and Windows Explorer are the same, then far be it for me to dissuade you. Do you really believe MS took two steps back by reintegrating windows explorer and IE (ala XP and IE6) with the release of Windows 7 and IE 8/9?

uninstall any file manager u may have.

It can be a file in you´re system with a incorrect MD5 CRC so run scan disk.

[QUOTE=macnavarra;2609027]uninstall any file manager u may have.

It can be a file in you´re system with a incorrect MD5 CRC so run scan disk.[/QUOTE]

and i forgot turn windows restore off then run a boot defrag and defrag you’re windows swap file the turn system restore on again you might need it

:cool:.