Windows 7 hanging at windows is starting

vbimport

I did a fresh install of W7 ultimate and it installed fine, but on it’s first boot it started hanging at windows is starting, after a few mins of a black screen it loads up fine.

I have tried booting with everything unplugged but it didn’t help, the pc was running fine with W7 before.

TIA.

[QUOTE=nickp87;2495282]I did a fresh install of W7 ultimate and it installed fine, but on it’s first boot it started hanging at windows is starting, after a few mins of a black screen it loads up fine.

I have tried booting with everything unplugged but it didn’t help, the pc was running fine with W7 before.

TIA.[/QUOTE]

It would be good to know what your spec system is? What version exactly of 7 did you install? Did you move or change any hardware or remove any connections? How did you install 7 on your computer?

Try resetting the CMOS on the MB.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2495285]It would be good to know what your spec system is? What version exactly of 7 did you install? Did you move or change any hardware or remove any connections? How did you install 7 on your computer?[/QUOTE]

Hi.

As per OP it is windows 7 ultimate and it was a fresh install.

System runs an AMD sempron 3500+ cpu, 2gb ram, unsure what mobo is in it.

I haven’t changed anything in the PC and it had W7 installed before.

Thanks eric, i’ll give it a try.