Windows 7 God Mode

vbimport

Windows 7 32bit, 64bit and Windows Vista 32bit only
Create a folder on the desktop (or anywhere really) and use this string as the name:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The icon will change, and you’ll get access to the God Mode Panel which give you quick access to just about every configurable setting in Windows.
It is functional on Windows 7 64bit, 32bit and Windows Vista 32bit.

Windows Vista 64bit only.
For Vista x64 users, make a shortcut and set it to point to: explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Use at your own risk.

Enjoy

Those that did and are stuck with AppCrash can boot with a Live Linux x64 disk (such as Ubuntu Desktop x64) and delete the file from the Desktop.

[EDIT Dee]
Everyone should have a “live linux” distro in their tool box. It can recover valuable data from a Windows install that won’t even boot.
Ubuntu is as good as any.
Ubuntu home page.

Not bad…so where did you find such info???

Wow! Thanks for the info. I have Vista on my laptop and it worked just as you said.

Nice!

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2481787]Nice![/QUOTE]

Please tell me I haven’t hosed my system. I tried this on my Gateway Computer running Vista Home Premium…and now I cannot get into the desktop. Windows Explorer crashes. Please…please help.

@karloff49
Try starting in Safe Mode, then use System Restore to go back to an earlier point, before doing this God Mode folder.

Nice one Nemesys, works nicely on this Vista x32 system (Dell) :slight_smile:

Ok, I managed to fix the problem I had with Vista 64 Bit. Went to DOS prompt - renamed folder and then deleted it. System restore was the first thing I tried and it did not work. Couple of hours lost…but by god my desktop sure looks good. Thanks for your help.

GodMode is something I heard of from games. So it seems Windows NT6.x is nothing else but a beautifully colored adventure :bigsmile:

btw you can also use other names for that “folder”: http://wingeek.com/articles/40507/windows-7-god-mode-mythbusting/ :smiley:

[QUOTE=karloff49;2481862]Ok, I managed to fix the problem I had with Vista 64 Bit. Went to DOS prompt - renamed folder and then deleted it. System restore was the first thing I tried and it did not work. Couple of hours lost…but by god my desktop sure looks good. Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]Was thinking about trying this but i like my Vi$ta 64 bit install just like it is :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481726]Not bad…so where did you find such info???[/QUOTE]

I think it originates from the sevenforums

[B]Vista x64 users DO NOT USE THIS TWEAK!!![/B]

Those that did and are stuck with [B]AppCrash[/B] can boot with a Live Linux x64 disk (such as Ububtu Desktop x64) and delete the file from the Desktop.

All is not lost though, for Vista x64 users, make a shortcut and set it to point to: explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

This is 100% functional.

Enjoy!!

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2481957][B]Vista x64 users DO NOT USE THIS TWEAK!!![/B]

Those that did and are stuck with [B]AppCrash[/B] can boot with a Live Linux x64 disk (such as Ububtu Desktop x64) and delete the file from the Desktop.

All is not lost though, for Vista x64 users, make a shortcut and set it to point to: explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

This is 100% functional.

Enjoy!![/QUOTE] Now I find out, Explorer keeps crashing, I am going do a system restore.:o

I tried the above shortcut method and works fine here in Windows 7 x64.

Interesting find :cool:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2481969]Now I find out, Explorer keeps crashing, I am going do a system restore.:o[/QUOTE]

My apologies Alan.

I discovered this the same way you did. My Vista x64 laptop crashed on the Desktop.

I was able to boot from the Ubuntu CD and delete the file.

The instructions in my second post achieves the same thing.

[B]For Vista x64 users, make a shortcut and set it to point to: explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}[/B]

Perhaps you or one of the mods can edit the first post to include the Vista x64 warning and solution.

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2481997]Perhaps you or one of the mods can edit the first post to include the Vista x64 warning and solution.[/QUOTE]Done. :wink:
Nice find, BTW. :wink:

Thanks Dee.

The tweak in the original post also works on Vista x32.

[QUOTE=Nemesys;2482097]Thanks Dee.

The tweak in the original post also works on Vista x32.[/QUOTE]Fixed.
I put all the info into the first post, and made the thread a sticky.

Nice one Nemesys :clap:

I just did this, works fine for Windows 7 32bit. Thanks!