Windows 7 gains OS market share while IE usage dips

vbimport

Windows 7 gains OS market share while IE usage dips.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/01/fue2fR.jpg[/newsimage]Microsoft had a great 2010 with an increasing market share for their latest operating system, Windows 7. However, their Internet Explorer web browser didn’t fare quite so well against the competition.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-7-gains-in-os-market-share-while-ie-usage-dips-38441/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-7-gains-in-os-market-share-while-ie-usage-dips-38441/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

However, their Internet Explorer web browser didn’t fare quite so well against the competition.

I think most if not many saw this coming to a head… M$ creates a very good O/S now but somehow manages to debacle the IE version…looks like a management changes needs to be in order…or to be split off just like Office broke off from M$ branch to be it’s own but still with the same company…

The big player for Microsoft, however, is still Windows XP despite Microsoft urging customers to upgrade

And the Virus and Malware and botnets are loving those people still hanging on to this ancient O/S or those whom aren’t updating properly to protect their systems…oh yeah my work place still uses…XP pro…lmao…man that hurts… ouch… :doh: :doh:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2567286]
And the Virus and Malware and botnets are loving those people still hanging on to this ancient O/S or those whom aren’t updating properly to protect their systems…oh yeah my work place still uses…XP pro…lmao…man that hurts… ouch… :doh: :doh:[/QUOTE]

What’s so wrong with Win XP?? If you have lots of money and must update your hardware every year then by all means go the latest and greatest M$ OS as that’s what the M$ game is all about. I guess the lemmings will be rushing off to pay M$ another wad of money to upgrade again… Win XP is still my prime OS ant work and home but I do have a couple of Win 7 PC as test bed…

[QUOTE=paulw2;2567373]What’s so wrong with Win XP?? If you have lots of money and must update your hardware every year then by all means go the latest and greatest M$ OS as that’s what the M$ game is all about. I guess the lemmings will be rushing off to pay M$ another wad of money to upgrade again… Win XP is still my prime OS ant work and home but I do have a couple of Win 7 PC as test bed…[/QUOTE]

Heck by all means go ahead…do as you wish… but a reminder this O/S actually works on older system compared to Vista. I can install it on 6 year old laptops and install drivers and it is way more stable and the interface is better as well. So XP is still good but security and hardware compatibility for the time to come W7 will be the kid on the block that is the unfortunate in this time and age but for this O/S it is actually a product that delivers true multiple users like Unix if you want more then one person using it. Leaving the Admin and other users on the same computer. Something that XP can’t do. Plus you do get more security admin options then XP. So for security and multiple users W7 Premium and above is what one should have. I used XP pro but since going to W7- trust me when you go back to XP from W7 you will see a world of difference interface and better power management on laptops. But as anything the O/S you want to use will be up to the end-users. But as anything XP will stop support in 2014 I think. The benefits of W7 out weights what XP currently has to offer to users.