Windows 7 compatibly problems ? help is here

I recently brought a new computer w/ Windows7 64bit and for the last 5 days I,ve been searching for a blu-ray ROM drive for it , online and at the stores, even the manufactures sites (still haven’t heard from them) . Every drive I found did not show it was win7 compatible and no one seem to know , not the geeks squad or sales , some thought it would work but I wanted better answers. Then I found this site and it shows just about any add-on for the computer that has been tested and the results…Check it out

http://www.hardware.info/workswith7/

[QUOTE=berdman;2485728]I recently brought a new computer w/ Windows7 64bit and for the last 5 days I,ve been searching for a blu-ray ROM drive for it , online and at the stores, even the manufactures sites (still haven’t heard from them) . Every drive I found did not show it was win7 compatible and no one seem to know , not the geeks squad or sales , some thought it would work but I wanted better answers. Then I found this site and it shows just about any add-on for the computer that has been tested and the results…Check it out

http://www.hardware.info/workswith7/[/QUOTE]

Another step would be to make sure your windows is updated as well. That should be where you would first start. Also you shouldn’t need to even download drivers as windows should already have it for the drives and since it is BD-ROM drive shouldn’t require any special software. Since we don’t know what software you using to access the drive besides Win7 would be good to know. Also that sites is not a full listing of software or hardware isn’t a complete listing. So before even going there one should first do a Windows Update and download the right drivers from the manufacture site first. And if you bought the computer with a BD drive it most likely has the software to run it maybe if you having that much problem you should take it back to whom you bought it and talk to them about the problem??

Sorry, I wasn’t clear… I brought a computer which didn’t have a br rom drive , which I wanted, so I was looking for one that the specs said it was win7 compatible, but if you look at them , most all show up to vista compatible not win7 so when I found that site it shows which should/will work ,I was very happy my search was finally over. I… was only trying help others who were looking to upgrade/add-on to their computers. I don’t have a problem at this time.

Thanks

There isn’t anything particularly different about optical drives in Win7 compared to XP or Vista. Any blu ray rom drive will work with the operating system and use the built-in drivers. This is a non-issue.

I didn’t know that and I was still glad to find that site to help me .

Thanks for your input