Windows 7 Compatiblity Thread

I was hoping someone would start a Windows compatibility thread. I am not sure where it should be started and thought maybe a moderator could either move this thread to the appropriate place or start a thread on this subject.

So far:
Office 2003
Simpsons Hit n’ Run
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

No problems with graphics, X800 card drivers were install from ATI automatically as was the 22" Acer LCD Monitor drivers.

Zathros ummm…ttp://club.cdfreaks.com/f1/ok-own-up-whos-done-258165

Something more focused with a list.

Imgburn 2.4.2 = Ok :wink:
Steam = OK :wink:
Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl = Ok :smiley:

Will work on the rest later :wink:

Office 2003 works, it better have.

I just finished installing Adobe CS3 Premiere. It installed without any problem and seems to be working good.

Not to sure about Crap Cleaner. It kept erasing the same stuff over and over but it was still there.

There’s absolutely no point to this thread as Windows 7 is BETA and compatibility will be all over the place and will change a lot by the final release

And? Your point being? Is that the end all? Shall we all roll over an die? If you don’t wish to take part then don’t. By your reasoning there is no point to Beta Windows 7 as it will be all over the place and will change all over the place.

Some of us are pushing W7 through the paces. Leave us alone. Why does the obvious have to be stated. I was not the only person who suggested such a thread. If I have to I’ll do it myself.

Did you know Norton/Symantec was offering to give Internet Security 2008 to people who had Norton 360 Ver. 1 as it was incompatible. Symantec thought it was worthwhile. Isn’t this the nature of investigation.? This post was a waste of time. I just ask if a list could be made of things that were incompatible with Windows 7. We may find that they eventually become compatible. What is so wrong with that? Isn’t that what this is all about?

I asked where it should be posted, there were no objections. I am sorry if I rant I just cannot abide presumptuous people.

AVG Antivirus 8.0 Works
FAH GPU works

[quote=Zathros;2200878]And? Your point being? Is that the end all? Shall we all roll over an die? If you don’t wish to take part then don’t. By your reasoning there is no point to Beta Windows 7 as it will be all over the place and will change all over the place. [/QUOTE]Are you for real?

[quote=Zathros;2200878] Some of us are pushing W7 through the paces. Leave us alone. Why does the obvious have to be stated. I was not the only person who suggested such a thread. If I have to I’ll do it myself. [/QUOTE] Leave you alone? I was stating a point, I really don’t give a fuck if you are putting it through it paces millions of other people are too and have been a lot longer than you, Myself being one of them.

[quote=Zathros;2200878] Did you know Norton/Symantec was offering to give Internet Security 2008 to people who had Norton 360 Ver. 1 as it was incompatible. Symantec thought it was worthwhile. Isn’t this the nature of investigation.? This post was a waste of time. I just ask if a list could be made of things that were incompatible with Windows 7. We may find that they eventually become compatible. What is so wrong with that? Isn’t that what this is all about?[/QUOTE]Norton is shit and is incompatible with everything at its best times, anyone that uses it deserves what they get.

[quote=Zathros;2200878] I asked where it should be posted, there were no objections. I am sorry if I rant I just cannot abide presumptuous people.[/quote]Again I couldn’t give a fuck if you do or don’t post it, I was stating a point that it is silly to say this or that is compatible when the next update could wipe it all out.

Have a nice day.

OK folks, the one-upsmanship is not needed. Please keep the posts on the subject.

[quote=Zathros;2200948]Have a nice day.[/quote]You too.

Rhinoceros, NURBS modeling for Windows loaded up with no problem. This is version 2.0.

X-Plane works and the Updater for X-Plane works also.

I also updated the graphics drivers suing the ATI Catalysts drivers for Vista-64. I have a X800 256 AGP Pro. Good to see this old hardware works.

As far as I know, anything that is Vista compatible should work OK with Windows 7. My roommate was saying it uses the same drivers as Vista. I haven’t used Windows 7 on my pc yet though.

I believe this may be true as W7 is supposed to be everything we liked in Vista with the other stuff removed. Although, CrapCleaner does not work, it does not remove anything though it says it does.

hax0rth0r: try W7, it really is fast and if you like tinkering can be fun.

Combat Flight Simulator: Pacific Theater works also.

Norton Internet Security has been working flawlessly.