Windows 7 Can`t find iso file

vbimport

I create an iso image file and backup in DVD Shrink, then i cant find the iso file C:\(name of movie).iso in Windows 7 when i want to burn. In Windows XP its quite easy to find it-My computer>right click system C>open. Do you know why this is in Windows 7 please and how to find the file??:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2531701]I create an iso image file and backup in DVD Shrink, then i cant find the iso file C:\(name of movie).iso in Windows 7 when i want to burn. In Windows XP its quite easy to find it-My computer>right click system C>open. Do you know why this is in Windows 7 please and how to find the file??:slight_smile:[/QUOTE]
Hi Deezalboy -

Just click on the orb (start button) and type the name (or part of) the file in the search box and hit enter. It will search the entire hard drive for you.

Hope this helps.

Wyman

Hi Deezalboy -

Just click on the orb (start button) and type the name (or part of) the file in the search box and hit enter. It will search the entire hard drive for you.

Hope this helps.

Wyman
Thanks, but thats ok in Windows XP. The file is supposed to be in "C" but in Windows 7 it doesnt show.:disagree:

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2531755]Thanks, but thats ok in Windows XP. The file is supposed to be in "C" but in Windows 7 it doesnt show.:disagree:[/QUOTE]
Maybe I’m not understanding you. Did you even try to search for part of the file name as I suggested? If you’re sure the file is on the C drive, then open up My Computer and double click on the C drive to view the files. You can also go through the steps of creating the iso again(without burning) and get the exact path to the where the file was save.

Wyman

Maybe I’m not understanding you. Did you even try to search for part of the file name as I suggested? If you’re sure the file is on the C drive, then open up My Computer and double click on the C drive to view the files. You can also go through the steps of creating the iso again(without burning) and get the exact path to the where the file was save.

Wyman
What? Did i even try to search----Ive been all over the damn thing. Windows XP is easy-Windows 7 is up the etc., Have a google and youll see plenty of it. One says the iso goes to a “root folder” I wouldnt know what that is. When using any software to burn i cant find it. The iso is C:(name of movie).iso. Check this one>Downloaded Windows 7 but cant find an ISO file? - Windows 7 Forums

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2531769]What? Did i even try to search----Ive been all over the damn thing. Windows XP is easy-Windows 7 is up the etc., Have a google and youll see plenty of it. One says the iso goes to a “root folder” I wouldnt know what that is. When using any software to burn i cant find it. The iso is C:(name of movie).iso. Check this one>Downloaded Windows 7 but cant find an ISO file? - Windows 7 Forums[/QUOTE]
I’ll try to recreate this when I get home this afternoon and I’ll post a screenshot if I can.

I find it hard to believe that the image was created but you can’t find it. On the root of C means if you double click the C drive you’ll find find all the contents of the drive there. So if the name of your movie is ‘Eagles’, your “root” path would be C:\Eagles.iso. If you still can’t find it then you might need to redo it and save it somewhere else.

Get a command prompt (type in CMD in the white space for executing programs). then do a dir c:\ *.iso /s /w /p

smilechgo—

I’ll try to recreate this when I get home this afternoon and I’ll post a screenshot if I can.

I find it hard to believe that the image was created but you can’t find it. On the root of C means if you double click the C drive you’ll find find all the contents of the drive there. So if the name of your movie is ‘Eagles’, your “root” path would be C:\Eagles.iso. If you still can’t find it then you might need to redo it and save it somewhere else.
Yes the name of the file is as you said. In google theres items where the same thing is mentioned. "cant find iso file in Windows 7.:slight_smile:

Mr Belvedere—

Get a command prompt (type in CMD in the white space for executing programs). then do a dir c:\ *.iso /s /w /p
Thank You. You set a nice picture. Do you know them?:rolleyes:

Mr Belvedere—

I tried that but no result. Tried *iso and the following came up>“ISO1_dvd(c:\users\admin\my documents” but can`t find the iso in there, checked everything.:rolleyes:

Start over again. This time make a separate folder to accept your ISO file output from Shrink. It doesn’t take that long to run Shrink.

I have no idea why you cannot find the first one, but lets just accept that it isn’t there and move on.

kerry56—

Start over again. This time make a separate folder to accept your ISO file output from Shrink. It doesn’t take that long to run Shrink.

I have no idea why you cannot find the first one, but lets just accept that it isn’t there and move on.
The file has gone to somewhere as it was selected to go>C:(name of movie).iso. If you wish have a google at>"cant find iso file in Windows 7" (Windows 7 Forum), otherwise dont bother. Theres something about Windows 7 thats not right in this respect. I`ll make arrangements to investigate it further elsewhere.:rolleyes::disagree:

I’m not having problems losing ISO files deezalboy. It simply doesn’t happen to me using Win7 64bit.

I’m not sure what happened to yours, I just suggested making a specific folder instead of using the C: drive as a target. This should solve the problem in any future encoding you do.

Kerry56—

I’m not having problems losing ISO files deezalboy. It simply doesn’t happen to me using Win7 64bit.

I’m not sure what happened to yours, I just suggested making a specific folder instead of using the C: drive as a target. This should solve the problem in any future encoding you do.

I havent lost the file. As i said go to Windows 7 forum, if you wish, and youll see this a problem with Windows 7 with some people not just me. The other folder is good and i have used it, but i would like to find out why this doesnt work in the Windows 7 i have, and others, why its good in Windows XP. Don`t worry about it. Cheers.:bow:

Have you tried to search by ‘Size’?

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2531932]Mr Belvedere—Thank You. You set a nice picture. Do you know them?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Yes, they are Microsoft developers.

Anyhoo. My best guess is that the ISO file never actually made it to your harddisk. Perhaps a tool like Windirstat can help you find the big files on your harddisk.

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2531931]smilechgo—Yes the name of the file is as you said. In google theres items where the same thing is mentioned. "cant find iso file in Windows 7.:)[/QUOTE]
According to a Google search, look at this path and see if the file is there. C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore. Another guy said he had the same issue and this is where it ended up. Have no idea why so I can’t answer that.

I didn’t get a chance to burn a dvd last night but I’ll try in a while.

You neeed to "Select target image file " as in the image below.
The name in the image is one of my files ;your’s will be the movie name or whatever you named it.
Probably all you need to do is load a disc or files into DVDShrink & select Backup .It should have the location it last used still as the target if you haven’t changed it. That should be where it put the last .iso .The name will be the current loaded one but the location should still be the same. So look in that folder.

And the case of the missing .ISO continues…Sorry I can’t help, [I]still[/I] happily chugging along using XP and Vista…
Hey OP, did you at least start over from scratch(as suggested)…I don’t know, just a thought!..
Good luck!.Really!!!
Actually I do have a suggestion…
[B]K.I.S.S[/B] :smiley:

Smileychgo—

According to a Google search, look at this path and see if the file is there. C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore. Another guy said he had the same issue and this is where it ended up. Have no idea why so I can’t answer that.

I didn’t get a chance to burn a dvd last night but I’ll try in a while.

Thanks. Yes i had googled and found that but didn`t understand some of it, such as “username”>what does that mean?(C:\Users<[B]username[/B]>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore.) :iagree: