Windows 7 Beta and DVDFab Platnum 5.2.3.0

After upgrading to windows 7 beta, DVDFab 5.2.3.0 will ask me to “register” when running in the app with admin priv. When i enter in the key, it restart and then asks me again for a key (endless loop). If i start DVDFab with regular permission, it goes right in.

Then I pop in a DVD and try to convert to xbox format.

Task 1 stats and fails with an error:
Task_1 failed! Error=4(501 18 - 1072886856).

Any ideas? or should i just not bother with Win7 yet and DVDFab?

Thanks!!!
S.

[quote=stevencwo;2199788]After upgrading to windows 7 beta, DVDFab 5.2.3.0 will ask me to “register” when running in the app with admin priv. When i enter in the key, it restart and then asks me again for a key (endless loop). If i start DVDFab with regular permission, it goes right in.

Then I pop in a DVD and try to convert to xbox format.

Task 1 stats and fails with an error:
Task_1 failed! Error=4(501 18 - 1072886856).

Any ideas? or should i just not bother with Win7 yet and DVDFab?

Thanks!!!
S.[/quote]
Windows7 proabably will not be released until 2010. Until then its a beta and I am sure Fengtao Software will adapt like all the other software vendors. At this point I am having no problems with Vista Ultimate 64bit and I doubt that Windows 7 can be much different. If it doesnt work for you now, pass on it until its released.

The VSO burning engine does not work with Win7 at least not in my case it
didn’t want to install. Upon reboot I got the black screen of death saying a
device driver didn’t install correctly re-installed without VSO and all was good
but drivers of all kinds are a pain in the arse to get installed in Win7. I think I’ll
just go back to Vista 64bit and wait until the RTM of Win7 or whatever it will be
called by then so most of the driver bugs will be worked out before moving on to
using it. :iagree: