Windows 2000 question?

where is the “msconfig” …!!! i would like to cancel some programs that are starting up…thanks to whom ever replies!!!

:bigsmile: :slight_smile:

msconfig was not included in 2k, you can copy over the one from 98 or xp, or do a google search for it.

Without disabling the run command and access to the windows system native folders, it was thought too much of a security risk as 2k was originally aimed for businesses. It was bought back in XP because of the great ease it provided, and the hassles without it.

I believe TweakNow Powerpack can help you in this…

You can also use jv16 power tools.

alright thanks for the info…i will try that stuff out …now here is another question …my user account does not have admin privleges…was wondering if there is a dos based program out there i can run that can find out the Admin account??

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
alright thanks for the info…i will try that stuff out …now here is another question …my user account does not have admin privleges…was wondering if there is a dos based program out there i can run that can find out the Admin account??

Well the right version of l0phtcrack can do that, but I like ERDCommander better.

Google for them I’d say and look up their specs :slight_smile:

btw, using them might be illegal, depending on the ownership of the computer/account…

www.thetechguide.com search the furum for xp msconfig rip.