Windows 2000 & gamez

vbimport

Game copies that did work under Windows ME, don’t work under Windows 2000 (SP4). The game installs completely, but doesn’t work. Mostly i get the following mesage: Please insert correct cd-rom:confused:

So where did you get these copied games from anyway?

copies??? I mean backups!!!

Originally posted by NiMo
copies??? I mean backups!!!

What games did you backup, and how did you do this? What drive are you playing them from? Do the originals work fine in Win2k?

Games like Fifa 2000 & Delta Force Land Warrior. Yeah, the originals work fine. Backups were made with clonecd. Drives: Compaq dvd player & LG 8120b cd-rw (updated firmware)

Aren’t those both safedisc protected games ?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Aren’t those both safedisc protected games ?

That they are, I’m also pretty sure M$ did something with safedisc as part of an update

I’ve just installed Win2k Service Pack 4, is that the problem?

I’ve just installed Win2k Service Pack 4, is that the problem?

Did they work before you upgraded the SP? If so, then I would think that this may be your problem.

don’t know, didn’t try them before i installed sp4. It seems that the problem is safedisc related. So the only way to play those games is to use a no-cd crack or with emulation tools?? Or does anyone have an alternative solution??? (can not uninstall sp4!):confused:

Are we allow to talk about cracks here?

If you can’t uninstall SP4, wipe your HD and do a clean install, but ghost it before installing SP4 again.

Originally posted by Stoner
Are we allow to talk about cracks here?

Depends in what way we do that… :wink:

I can hardly believe SP4 causes the problems (if so, millions of peoples should have rapported this error, don’t you think?). Don’t you know anybody with a computer with SP4 that you can use to test your backups on?

Originally posted by Stoner
wipe your HD and do a clean install

Why not reinstall win2k over win2k? It will detect the previous copy of win2k and asks:repair or overwrite , and then choose repair. Win2k is now back to its original (without the SP’s).

BTW i just tried to make a new backup of Delta Force Land Warrior (with clonecd) and win2k came with a blue stop screen. What is that??? I’ve never seen that before! :frowning: :frowning:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I can hardly believe SP4 causes the problems

Why not?

Originally posted by slayerking
I’m also pretty sure M$ did something with safedisc as part of an update

[B]

Why not?
[/B]

Well, there are probably millions and millions of people, using Win2k + SP4 to play games from SDx backups… seems quite a common combination to me. As this forum has about 44.000 members, chances are incredibly slim that nodobdy else didn’t have this problems…

Wasn’t win2k sp4 released recently (end june 2003)?? So how is it possible that millions and millions of people have the same combination?? I think most people don’t even use win2k anymore, they use WinXP.

Wasn’t win2k sp4 released recently (end june 2003)?? So how is it possible that millions and millions of people have the same combination?? I think most people don’t even use win2k anymore, they use WinXP.

That may be right, but with a billion of Windows installations, there sure will be some millions running 2k…

Using SP-4 here on several SD-2.8 games, no issues. But as always, I have to have a CD in the drive, or emulated, for it to run.

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

That may be right, but with a billion of Windows installations, there sure will be some millions running 2k… [/B]

Enough talk about how’s running what. This doesn’t solve my problems. I still can’t play my backups of Fifa 2000 or Delta Force Land Warrior under win2k sp4 directx9.0b (i could under winME)

And what about my previuos question:

I just tried to make a new backup of Delta Force Land Warrior (with clonecd) and win2k came with a blue stop screen. What is that??? I’ve never seen that before!

I tried to make the new backup with Daemon tools & clonecd (fast dump) when the blue screen showed up.

And what about my previuos question:
I tried to make the new backup with Daemon tools & clonecd (fast dump) when the blue screen showed up.

Instead of mounting the images in Daemon Tools, and reading from there, cant you just re-read and make an image from your original?

You do have the original dont you?