Windows 11

Yes, I can install it on my 9900K but I am happy with my W10Pro at this moment. I really have way too much software that may or may not work with it, Didnt someone say their will be a W10 official build with the same icons and other things that do not affect cryptographic keys.

1 Like

The Win10 21H2 dev build I seen had the Win11 icons only. No other Win11 features.
That doesn’t mean that no more Win11 features will make their way into the final release of Win10 21H2. But don’t count on it.

I’m using Win10 Pro here version 21H1 (normal version) and I have TPM and Secure Boot enabled. Software compatibility with TPM and Secure Boot is no problem.
You must have ‘signed drivers’ for Secure Boot.

If you wanted too. You could make a full Win10 system backup using Macrium Reflect (free or paid edition) before updating to Win11 to test it out, and revert back to Win10 in a few minutes.
Just remember to create a Macrium Reflect Restore media before the update so you can revert back to Win10.
PM me if you need more guidance.

2 Likes

Use at your own risk.
If you want to try it. Watch the video in full.

All I got to say is I plan on retiring in 2025 anyway, so I will not need Windows at all after that.
No Windows 11 for me

1 Like

I said the same thing a couple of years ago.
Got a nice Linux, and very nearly got everything working I needed, but not quite.

Depends what you do with your PC though.

1 Like

My bet is I will have Windows 11 on my 6700K without TPM and secure boot. MS is going to get enormous blowback from this.

2 Likes

I bet you will too. :grinning:

1 Like

Mostly pay bills on line and a little internet browsing, which I can do on Linux.
Most other things I do I am still doing on my Windows 7 computers, and they do not have to be connected to the internet to do it backing up movies , playing movies, transfer VHS to DVD’s,etc.

1 Like

Some sad news for those on Windows 10 hoping that MS Direct Storage would be ported from Windows 11 to Windows 10 with an update to Windows 10.
Sadly, Microsoft have said that Direct Storage will be a Windows 11 feature only.

Another Windows 11 DEV update.
New File Explorer
New Widgets
Load of bug fixes.
Intel iGPU Windows 11 driver update.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎13/‎07/‎2021
OS build 22000.71
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 421.18201.0.3

Nvidia have released their first fully certified Windows 11 driver. Version 471.41.

1 Like

New Windows 11 insider build.
Mainly cosmetic changes to the UI, but also some bug fixes.

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎13/‎07/‎2021
OS build 22000.100
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 421.18901.0.3

TPM explanation by Dr. Steve Bagley

That was a great explanation of TPM.
Thanks for sharing.