Windows 10: Surprisingly low number of users have Anniversary Update installed

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10: Surprisingly low number of users have Anniversary Update installed[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/09/adduplex-windows-device-statistics-report-september-2016-12-638-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

While the number of users who installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update doubled within a month, only one third of the Windows 10 users has upgraded.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-surprisingly-low-number-users-anniversary-update-installed-80518/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-surprisingly-low-number-users-anniversary-update-installed-80518/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

With as many update problems they had I am surprise it’s that much.

The thing is with this. It is not seeminly updating to it via windows update. I have manually selected to update multiple times since release and it says I have all updates available.Â

I checked my computer to see any mention of what windows 10 I had and could see no mention so assumed I must have it. Last night I went to the Media creation site as I wanted to download a USB install disk for another PC and it said I did not have AE and would I like to upgrade to it. This was quite surprising. So I have wiped my Pc and reinstalled with this and can say I definitely never had it beforehand.

So this is very odd why it never updated to it via windows update but it never for me. So if its doing this for others this would explain the low numbers.

[QUOTE=Anthony1uk;2781173]The thing is with this. It is not seeminly updating to it via windows update. I have manually selected to update multiple times since release and it says I have all updates available.

I checked my computer to see any mention of what windows 10 I had and could see no mention so assumed I must have it. Last night I went to the Media creation site as I wanted to download a USB install disk for another PC and it said I did not have AE and would I like to upgrade to it. This was quite surprising. So I have wiped my Pc and reinstalled with this and can say I definitely never had it beforehand.

So this is very odd why it never updated to it via windows update but it never for me. So if its doing this for others this would explain the low numbers.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, hit [[B]WinKey[/B]]+[[B]R[/B]] , Type [B]winver.exe[/B] and hit [[B]Enter[/B]], check the version in the window that pops up. To see if the 1511 update (not 1607) is installed, you can simply right-click your Start menu. If the menu that pops up is dark grey and not white, 1511 or newer is installed. If it is white, the original 1507 version is installed.
If there are problems, check the Windows update FAQ over at Microsoft :flower:

Mine is still under the desk turned off from the day I loaded it with Windows 10.
When I have time to go thru it and turn off all the crap I don’t want then I will turn it back on.
I’m sure there will be plenty of updates for it by then. :iagree:

This could also be due to many machines not receiving the Anniversary Update yet.

My machine at work has not received it yet, although I may manually get the update on a quieter day.

Another person at work with a laptop has the update stuck trying to install in a loop as it does not seem to be compatible with the HP ProtectTools full disk encryption software. Basically the update starts to install, reboots and shows a ‘Recovery’ screen and then reboots back into Windows as if the update never started, then a day or two later that update attempts to install yet again. So he’s put it off until he gets time to remove the full disk encryption to install the update.

I have 4 machines with Windows 10 and so far none have automatically offered me the Anniversary Update. I have successfully forced the update on one machine and have tried on two others - but they have failed and reverted to the pervious installation. That leaves 3 out of 4 on the old version. If my experience is anywhere near typical it would explain the poor figures.