Windows 10 now second most used Windows version – but far behind Windows 7

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 now second most used Windows version – but far behind Windows 7[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/03/windows-10-marketshare-february-2016-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Windows 10’s market share continues to grow and the operating system is currently the second most used Windows version after Windows 7. Numbers from Netmarketshare show that Windows 10 currently holds a worldwide market share of 12.8%.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-now-second-most-used-windows-version-but-far-behind-windows-7-78771/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-now-second-most-used-windows-version-but-far-behind-windows-7-78771/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Windows 10 now second most used Windows version – but far behind Windows 7

We’ll see how much their market share will differ when windows 10 is 7 years around,just like windows 7 is now…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2769506]We’ll see how much their market share will differ when windows 10 is 7 years around,just like windows 7 is now…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Where the sun doesn’t sun is more like it… :bigsmile:

Especially because Microsoft now offers Windows 10 as a ‘Recommended Update’ which means it’s pretty hard to get around.
lol…that’s a laugh… I Regedit and it is gone. No worries… :wink: Already posted workaround that removes that update and notification and seya…

Post #9

So for the article to say isn’t possible the possible was done already.

I think roadworker has the edge here :wink:

[QUOTE=Netzork;2769519]I think roadworker has the edge here ;)[/QUOTE]
Win7 took less time to be adopted then Win8 and Win10…you’ll might want to think about that as well. Win10 had to be forced feed and stealth install…all Win7 had to do was to be there and people bought it no forcing the O/S on them. That should tell one what a good product means. Even on some computer forums I blog - people still are asking to install Windows 7 on Windows 10 machine so you can figure used legit Windows 7 machine if found will be taken first. That is the real number that isn’t be told here.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2769535]Win7 took less time to be adopted then Win8 and Win10…you’ll might want to think about that as well.[/QUOTE]
That’s not quite correct, Windows 10 has been adopted faster than 7 or 8 because it’s one statistic Microsoft has been shouting from the rooftops since release. But we all know the precise reason for this and it’s the free upgrades that have caused it, whether you choose to upgrade or are coerced.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2769535]Win10 had to be forced feed and stealth install…all Win7 had to do was to be there and people bought it no forcing the O/S on them.[/QUOTE]
Every version of Windows has been force fed onto users by some degree because it’s what you get when you buy a new computer, like it or not. Most Win 7 users didn’t run out and buy the os, it came with their computer and they just happen to like it because it’s a good os.

It’s interesting to see that Win 10’s share only went up by around 1% considering they started rolling out the recommended upgrade at the beginning of Feb.

To get mass adoption I think you need people with existing computers to make the upgrade.  The life cycle of a PC/Laptop is quite a bit longer than it used to be. Is MS really going to start charging for the upgrade when it hits the 1yr mark? If they can’t get all these people to upgrade for free, how do they get them to pay?

I’m using win10 without problems, but I think MS went one step to far with all the phone home stuff built into win10.  If they want it mass adopted they need to reign that in.