Windows 10 is still available for free, even now upgrade offer has expired

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 is still available for free, even now upgrade offer has expired[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/MWF_Production_Assets_Windows_2-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Although Microsoft’s free Windows 10 upgrade offer expired on the 29th of July, it’s still possible for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users to upgrade for free.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-upgrade-still-available-free-despite-microsofts-deadline-80121/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-upgrade-still-available-free-despite-microsofts-deadline-80121/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If you feel bad about upgrading while not actually requiring assistive technologies, then know using keyboard shortcuts is also listed as an assistive technology on the Microsoft website.
LOL, I somehow knew they would extend it one way or the other. For the complete novices out there, tap the [F1] key on your keyboard. Since this is a keyboard shortcut to bring up help in most programs including windows, you have made yourself entitled to the free upgrade. No bad conscience necessary

On a serious note, as long as Microsoft stops nagging people to upgrade, I think keeping the door open for people regretting not upgrading in time is great. Eventually even this loophole will close of course so if you have second thoughts about staying behind with Windows 7 or 8.1, now is the time to do it.

Do check your PC/Laptop manufacturer’s support site to make sure the hardware is able to run Windows 10 without issues, that’s all. Please do not take this lightly to avoid ending up in trouble caused by an upgrade gone wrong :flower:

You can always perform a full backup of your system before upgrading to windows 10, then restore your backup. Â What this does is license your machine for windows 10 should you choose to reinstall it in the future.

Disparation is the game of the day here at MS.

Why of course coolcolors, it is the name of the game if you want to go from a buy model version to version to Windows as a service and to some extent a wishful subscription model.

My rant however is not towards Windows 10 generally, but a few poorly implemented features like search, but that is since XP and so hardly anything new under the sun there.

Still, it is all kind of the current state of affairs and so we will have to deal with it. Why don’t you join me in the fight :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2778872]Why of course coolcolors, it is the name of the game if you want to go from a buy model version to version to Windows as a service and to some extent a wishful subscription model.

My rant however is not towards Windows 10 generally, but a few poorly implemented features like search, but that is since XP and so hardly anything new under the sun there.

Still, it is all kind of the current state of affairs and so we will have to deal with it. Why don’t you join me in the fight :stuck_out_tongue: :flower:[/QUOTE]
I am I just don’t use Windows 10 that is my response-if they actually listened to the Tester and did it the right way they have no problems with people buying Windows 10 by their own sheer power. But they decided to ramrod down users throat thinking we know your system better then you Mentality doesn’t go well when users are becoming smarter after Metro debacle.

I went and upgraded all my computers to10 on the last day got the last one done 10 min before the time was up. I had no plan of leaving them on 10 since 7 worked fine for me. I also did not like that Microsoft added all the spy things to 10. Also they did away with the free games like solitaire and I would always play solitaire while waiting on something to finish running on the computer. So anyone who thinks windows 10 was ever free is wrong. I was able to find a program to reload 7 games and also stopped are the spying that they were doing. Now my windows 10 works almost like 7 so I am going to leave it on my main computer for know. I got a month to restore the others to windows7. My main computer I can go back to 7 anytime I want since I used Acronis to back up the hard drive.