Windows 10 growth comes to a halt

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 growth comes to a halt[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2015/07/myce-windows-10-here-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The adoption rate of Windows 10 is coming to a halt, according to numbers reported by market analysis company Netmarketshare.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-growth-comes-halt-80614/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-growth-comes-halt-80614/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I doubt anyone is surprised by this. With no free upgrade path, falling use of desktops, and few portables using Windows 10 other than laptops, this should be expected.

I think its in large part because of how it was pushed. Soooo many PC’s out there received Win10 as a Windows update, whether they wanted it or not (like my wife who did it without realizing it on her PC). Everybody who wanted it already got and so did others who got it “unexpectedly” (probably a small minority but whatever…). No surprise its tapering off.

Also competing market analysis company StatCounter reports a decrease in Windows 10 market share. Instead of a drop of 0.5% they report a decrease of 0.1% with a total market share of Windows 10 PCs of 24.4%.
And this if plausible coulnd’t not even match Windows 7 50% range? What does this tell you - that Windows 10 (&&) nuts that is what it was a debacle of software the it’s market share should’ve removed Windows 7 but the opposite happened it itself killed it’s own market shares. This tells me Microsoft will be releasing a Windows 16 in 2018. And tell those with Windows 10 sorry tough luck buddy.

At this point if those people didn’t want it for free, they sure aren’t going to pay for it. PC technology has also plateau’d a bit so people don’t need to upgrade as often, so you don’t get larger numbers from new devices either.

I don’t mind win10 but it feels Microsoft keeps pushing stuff down people throats, and its making people avoid the OS. I guess they don’t learn.

Well, we need some firewood here :bigsmile:

Did you know that Microsoft have resurrected the updates for Windows 10 upgrade readyness? Sure have, KB2952664 for Windows 7 and KB2952664 for Windows 8.1, described as:

Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7/8 – This update performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program. These diagnostics help determine whether compatibility issues may be encountered when the latest Windows operating system is installed. This update will help Microsoft and its partners ensure compatibility for customers who want to install the latest Windows operating system.
It only means that Microsoft will be able to record data from Windows 7 and 8.1 systems though, and a Microsoft representative downplayed the meaning of this to BetaNews:

There is no Get Windows 10 or upgrade functionality contained in this update. This KB article is related to the Windows Update and the appraiser systems that enables us to continue to deliver servicing updates to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, as well as ensure device and application compatibility.
Still, they are both a prerequisite for KB3035583 which displays the upgrade to Windows 10 nag and considering the story and Microsoft’s prior merits… :confused:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781897]Well, we need some firewood here :bigsmile:
Did you know that Microsoft have resurrected the updates for Windows 10 upgrade readyness? Sure have, KB2952664 for Windows 7 and KB2952664 for Windows 8.1, described as:[/QUOTE]That’s the drag… :sad:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781897]It only means that Microsoft will be able to record data from Windows 7 and 8.1 systems though, and a Microsoft representative downplayed the meaning of this to BetaNews:[/QUOTE]Well hopefully the PC hosts edit and the telemetry kill list will stop this action.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2781897]Still, they are both a prerequisite for KB3035583 which displays the upgrade to Windows 10 nag and considering the story and Microsoft’s prior merits… :confused:[/QUOTE]But good news is if one uses the GWX and WindowsUpdate10 Regedit - the regedit will stop the Nags. I did and can install KB3035583 and not worry about the nags. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s my guess that this month’s decline was a result of the people rolling back after getting in before the free upgrade finished. Probably next month will show a small rise as the upgrades process evens out and we see a rise roughly equal to the amount of new PCs sold.