Windows 10 for free, even without Windows 7 or 8

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Windows 10 for free, even without Windows 7 or 8[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2015/05/windows-10-logo-95x75.gif[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-for-free-even-without-windows-7-or-8-76435/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

get a copy of windows 7, installit then activate it with the daz loader. After a quadrillian updates you will be able to reserve windows 10

I think you’re reading far too much into those words than you should, Microsoft have already stated that you need a legit copy of Windows 7 or 8 to activate the RTM of Win 10, whether you’re coming from 7, 8 or the Insider Preview.

Unless MS themselves come out a specifically say Insiders will get a full RTM for free, you’re making a whole lot of assumptions from just 2 words.

Ars Technica has also picked up on this story: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/06/heres-how-to-get-windows-10-for-free-even-if-you-dont-have-windows-7-or-8/

Yes, a number of sites have picked up on this, but they also picked up on some odd wording by Microsoft last time when the preview upgrade for free news came out before, and then they all turned out to be wrong when MS clarified things.

I’m just saying we should wait a see if this is indeed true and you get a full Win 10 from just using the preview, a lot of writers/sites would look very silly (again) if this isn’t the case.

Update: I think you better re-read the blog post, the “Getting the final release on July 29th” paragraph has been updated and changed so last sentence reads “It’s important to note that only people running Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 as part of the free upgrade offer.” So, all these latest articles about you will get a free upgrade from the preview appear to have got it wrong after all, just like the last time.

[QUOTE=roho;2755692]Update: I think you better re-read the blog post, the “Getting the final release on July 29th” paragraph has been updated and changed so last sentence reads “It’s important to note that only people running Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 as part of the free upgrade offer.” So, all these latest articles about you will get a free upgrade from the preview appear to have got it wrong after all, just like the last time.[/QUOTE]The important words in that sentence is [B]‘upgrade to Windows 10’[/B].
People who have already joined the Windows 10 insiders, and running Windows 10, wont upgrading to Windows 10, as they are already running Windows 10.

[QUOTE=Dee;2755695]The important words in that sentence is [B]‘upgrade to Windows 10’[/B].
People who have already joined the Windows 10 insiders, and running Windows 10, wont upgrading to Windows 10, as they are already running Windows 10.[/QUOTE]

Going from Win 10 preview to RTM would be an upgrade to the final version, just like it would for 7 or 8. I believe Microsoft are trying to clarify the situation by saying you will get if free from 7 or 8, not 10 preview. So there is even less evidence now than before that installing the preview is a free ticket to a full license.

[QUOTE=rexroach;2755653]get a copy of windows 7, installit then activate it with the daz loader. After a quadrillian updates you will be able to reserve windows 10[/QUOTE]

-No, you will not. It will popup, and give you the offer.
But without valid win7/(8) key, win 10 will ask for activation.

I’ve updated the story with Microsoft’s stealth edit of the blog.

Got the preview installed and tried it,but was big waste of time! They cannot give it to me-very difficult to use and navigate.Really worse than Win 8 Really much worse than anything i ever tried.Stay away from this!! I have found beter junk than this in the trash